News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sundering of America

Started by Lettow77, August 03, 2009, 06:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

The USA increasingly lacks a feeling of commonality- there are wide cultural divides that Bush and Obama have showcased, and the current economic situation exacerbates them.

Secession was brought onto national media, and various states have made an issue of showing their 'independence', which is purely illusory and grandstanding, but the nation is being warmed to the ideas.

I was born in the year the soviet union collapsed; the South did not know any hope of independence since that day, and time has marched on in Dixie's favour since. I no longer consider seperation in my lifetime a hopeless dream.  :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Admiral Yi

Do you know where I can get some fake Chanel handbags?

Eddie Teach

Regional differences are smaller than they've ever been. :mellow:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

It's cute how idealistic this board's youth are. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

I just took a monumental dump.  :w00t:

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 03, 2009, 06:59:50 AM
Regional differences are smaller than they've ever been. :mellow:
Indeed...quite a world-wide trend let alone in the already non-too-disparate US....
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

Oh, I am not usually optimistic- It is a very hard thing, to make your religion and life's work something that you, on most mornings, are convinced failed and will not succeed in any future day.

I still dont think things will go our way. Colonisation & Assimilation, as well as the great rift between black and white Southerners, are formidable obstacles, the former to the South's very survival. But there IS hope, and even were there not, I will not live to see all events, and that alone is a source of hope. The South will endure long after I am gone, and that provides me with all the immortality I could ever want.

Caliga

"life's work?"

So you're a professional secessionist?  :huh:

Lettow77

What somebody does for income and sustenance is work.

Life's work is the overarching objective of one's time here. Serving the South is my magnum opus, and colours many of the decisions I make in life. Next to serving Dixie, raising a family (which in itself is one of the biggest services I can render my country!) is the only thing of similar scope and importance.

As for my -mere- profession, I aim to be a Lawyer, like my father before me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Maladict on August 03, 2009, 07:08:18 AM
I just took a monumental dump.  :w00t:

I've got one warming up in the bullpen. Within an hour, I'll send in the reliever.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Cerr

What do you love so much about the South and hate about the North?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 07:12:48 AM

Life's work is the overarching objective of one's time here. Serving the South is my magnum opus, and colours many of the decisions I make in life. Next to serving Dixie, raising a family (which in itself is one of the biggest services I can render my country!) is the only thing of similar scope and importance.

Speaking of which, as jingoistic and xenophobic as you "Dixie" nuts are, how would you possibly hope to compete with global economies? Even if you guys were successful in breaking off, you'd be beggared in a decade or two because nobody would get involved in trade with you. The South might be great, but it doesn't have everything you need for a fully independent subsistence economy.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 07:12:48 AM

I think there are probably better ways to serve the South than working toward its secession.  :huh:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on August 03, 2009, 07:10:22 AM
"life's work?"

So you're a professional secessionist?  :huh:
A lot of unemployed welfare queens consider themselves 'activists' of one sort or another.
PDH!