News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

When I downloaded an AI patch Medieval total war was fun.  Though even with out the battles were still nifty.

To play Empire Total war and try to conquer the world as the Americans would be kinda neat though.  American Marines sack London!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Faeelin

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 04:38:36 PM
When I downloaded an AI patch Medieval total war was fun.  Though even with out the battles were still nifty.

To play Empire Total war and try to conquer the world as the Americans would be kinda neat though.  American Marines sack London!

Already done it.

Agelastus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2009, 02:11:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 02:09:36 PM
I disliked Shogun because I didn't know what any of the provinces were or who the factions were.

Just play the Takeda. They are the cool ones. Takeda Shigen is the coolest of them all.

I preferred playing the Uesugi myself...CRUSHING those Takeda scum. :D
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on September 24, 2009, 04:49:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 04:38:36 PM

Already done it.

That's it I'm getting it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Cecil

Quote from: Agelastus on September 24, 2009, 06:41:21 PM
I disliked Shogun because I didn't know what any of the provinces were or who the factions were.

Just play the Takeda. They are the cool ones. Takeda Shigen is the coolest of them all.

Playing Uesugi is like playing on tutorial difficulty. Its virtually impossible to loose.

Caliga

I don't remember the names/locales of the factions but I used to like to play Shogun as the southernmost faction (i.e. occupied Kyushu) and sweep northward.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Cecil

Quote from: Caliga on September 25, 2009, 09:25:13 AM
I don't remember the names/locales of the factions but I used to like to play Shogun as the southernmost faction (i.e. occupied Kyushu) and sweep northward.

That would be Shimazu IIRC. They have it fairly easy as well since their lands has a very limited access and their enemy to the north Imagawa has split lands which is always a lot more difficult to play with. On the other hand their special unit is somewhat hard to get at times since its basically random and their starting lands are rather poor. Uesugi has probably the richest lands and are easy to defend and 2 of their 3 enemies has split lands and is easy to walk all over. The third being Hojo is usally very passive and spends most of their time defending against Takeda.

Tamas

Has anyone tried the 1.04 patch?

Agelastus

Quote from: Cecil on September 25, 2009, 09:16:30 AM

Playing Uesugi is like playing on tutorial difficulty. Its virtually impossible to loose.

The AI manages it quite easily, even when only facing the AI. If the Uesugi lose Shinano (?) to the Takeda as the AI they are toast.

The easiest faction is the Hojo, in my opinion.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Drakken

The easiest faction is whoever gets the Geisha unit first. :bleeding:

Cecil

Quote from: Agelastus on September 25, 2009, 04:43:50 PM
Quote from: Cecil on September 25, 2009, 09:16:30 AM

The AI manages it quite easily, even when only facing the AI. If the Uesugi lose Shinano (?) to the Takeda as the AI they are toast.

The easiest faction is the Hojo, in my opinion.

The AI is pretty funny. They usually play Imagawa and Oda well and the rest like complete shite. Hojo is easy to play but the AI never makes it. And the Shinano thing is only because its some armymagnet located there, Imagawa has a tendency to grab the province as well.

Faeelin

So, despite its many, many flaws, ETW broke ground by having naval combat and trade theaters.

It should come as no surprise, then, that Creative's first expansion for the game will focus on North American Indian wars.

Cecil

Quote from: Faeelin on September 26, 2009, 09:45:03 AM
So, despite its many, many flaws, ETW broke ground by having naval combat and trade theaters.

It should come as no surprise, then, that Creative's first expansion for the game will focus on North American Indian wars.

:huh:

Tamas

WTF is the Indian (as in, India) faction doing invading the Bahamas? :bleeding:

So on the market of historical strategy, we have:
-CA, who do not know what the word means
-Paradox, who are throwing darts on the board (EU3 Complete vs. HOI3)
-Calvinus, one of Thibaut's developers who gets everything right except for the interfaces and thus bogs down otherwise faboulous games (Great Invasions, WW1)

Syt

After patching today trying to launch the game results in a CTD. And I honestly can't be bothered to do a reinstall.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.