And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2009, 03:18:39 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 22, 2009, 02:43:51 PM
Very disappointed with the game. And the only reason I bought it was cause some of you were raving about it upon its release!! :mad:

I liked it until the the flaws drove me nuts. Caveat Emptor, Carpe Diem, Ipso facto.

QED.

Razgovory

I want to buy this game, but I fear to do so.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on September 22, 2009, 04:16:03 PM
I want to buy this game, but I fear to do so.

Don't bother. I'm still waiting for a patch/mod that works.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Maybe the new patch makes things better.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2009, 02:58:51 AM

I never took you for an optimist.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on September 23, 2009, 04:36:43 AM

I'm not, I have no desire to stare at people's eyes all day.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2009, 04:47:35 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 23, 2009, 04:36:43 AM

I'm not, I have no desire to stare at people's eyes all day.

You might want to go see one though...

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Tamas

I read this on Wargamer.

QuoteWell, having not bothered with ETW for a while I thought I'd  start up a new campaign now this patch has downloaded itself (one of the things I like about steam) and hearing all this stuff about better AI and all. Playing as Britain the first diplomatic offer I get is from Prussia, offering me a trade agreement along with East Prussia, so long as they get Scotland and Ireland ...
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Kaaaaaaaaay.

:bleeding:

Caliga

I'm telling you guys, ditch the grand campaign.  The only good TW grand campaign was in Shogun (ironically).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on September 24, 2009, 05:24:00 AM
I'm telling you guys, ditch the grand campaign.  The only good TW grand campaign was in Shogun (ironically).
MTW's was actually pretty good, though the focus on CONQUERING EVERYTHING was a little silly.

I'd agree that Shogun was best though. I think it might still be the best TW game, though obviously with modifications I'd take RTW. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on September 24, 2009, 09:29:44 AM
I'd agree that Shogun was best though. I think it might still be the best TW game, though obviously with modifications I'd take RTW.
Yeah, I'd agree it's the best.  It would RULE if they remade it with modern graphics. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I disliked Shogun because I didn't know what any of the provinces were or who the factions were. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 02:09:36 PM
I disliked Shogun because I didn't know what any of the provinces were or who the factions were.

Just play the Takeda. They are the cool ones. Takeda Shigen is the coolest of them all.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive