News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

That announcement they were talking about?  Napoleon: Total War.  Good news though:  They say they haven't given up on patching ETW, and 1.4 is "well in development."   :lol:

I initially figured this was an expansion pack, but the release date isn't until "Winter 2010," which seems like a really long time for an expansion.  Then again, ETW took like 3 or 4 years.  Whatever. 

Edit:  Oh a link: http://www.sega.com/games/napoleon-total-war/?t=EnglishUSA

Vince

I tried another game as Spain on normal.  By turn 4 Britain, Portugal, Morocco, the Netherlands, Venice, New France(?) and Savoy had declared war on me.

Yeah this game's AI never went through QA.  Time to uninstall.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Vince on August 19, 2009, 06:24:16 AM
I tried another game as Spain on normal.  By turn 4 Britain, Portugal, Morocco, the Netherlands, Venice, New France(?) and Savoy had declared war on me.

Yeah this game's AI never went through QA.  Time to uninstall.

You will see that defended on various forums:  "But it's called Total War, man!  That's how it should be!"  :rolleyes:

ETW is still a really fucked up game and it's been out for a while now.  The mooks at CA have also still not released the modding tools they promised on release, which would probably help things quite a bit.

Edit:  Oh the release date for N:TW is February 2010, but they've confirmed it's a standalone type deal.

Caliga

I've found the Road to Independence campaign entertaining enough that I don't care about the GC.  In fact, with all of the Total War games, I've focused entirely on those sorts of campaigns and always ignored the grand campaign completely.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Faeelin

In the land of forest and snow, they said Russia could never be conquered.....

And they were right, n00b!

Vince

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 19, 2009, 06:28:35 AM
You will see that defended on various forums:  "But it's called Total War, man!  That's how it should be!"  :rolleyes:

God-forbid I try to turtle in a strategy game.  I mean I don't know why I don't like fighting six separate armies across Europe ten minutes into the game with 3 pikemen, a militia and a brig.  :rolleyes:

jimmy olsen

So any good mods out there yet that fix most of these problems?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 19, 2009, 06:14:44 AM
That announcement they were talking about?  Napoleon: Total War.  Good news though:  They say they haven't given up on patching ETW, and 1.4 is "well in development."   :lol:

I initially figured this was an expansion pack, but the release date isn't until "Winter 2010," which seems like a really long time for an expansion.  Then again, ETW took like 3 or 4 years.  Whatever. 

Edit:  Oh a link: http://www.sega.com/games/napoleon-total-war/?t=EnglishUSA

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Vince

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 19, 2009, 09:34:11 AM
So any good mods out there yet that fix most of these problems?

The game I described above with with DarthMod.  I haven't found anything that improves the AI yet.

Lucidor

I guess asking if it's playable yet has been done to tears. Now they seem to be on the DLCs and have abandoned it completely. I read the forums and found a lovely thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=287549
People seem to be discontented.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Lucidor

I remember that from MTW2 as well, to be honest.

EDIT: Best one so far: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5843918#post5843918

Josephus

Very disappointed with the game. And the only reason I bought it was cause some of you were raving about it upon its release!! :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on September 22, 2009, 02:43:51 PM
Very disappointed with the game. And the only reason I bought it was cause some of you were raving about it upon its release!! :mad:

I liked it until the the flaws drove me nuts. Caveat Emptor, Carpe Diem, Ipso facto.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Octavian

New update:

New Content

Two (2) new historical battles: Battle of Rossbach and Battle of Fontenoy. Both available in single player and multi player

Missile cavalry can now fire and reload whilst on the move

Balance Changes

Overhaul of naval balancing

Dragoons are available from higher building levels and now have fire by rank

Light Dragoons have gained longer range guns to allow them to skirmish better

Reworked cavalry costs to better reflect their value on the battlefield

Increase in cost to Windbusche Jaegers and Ferguson Rifles

Some improvements to projectile balancing

Balance improvements made to Road to Independence Episode 3

Fixes

Fix for auto unlimbering causing the attack order to terminate prematurely resulting in an inability to stop the unit from firing

Fix for troops on fort walls not using fort gun range when judging when to fire on enemy troops

Fix for fort guns using wrong targeting formula

Fixes to fort pathfinding and use of ropes

Multiplayer soft lock fixes

Fix crash in quotes table

Improved AI diplomacy

Cumulative updates to improve AI invasion behaviour

Added tooltips for alliance button in diplomacy

Bug fixes and improvements to AI counter offers

Improvements to AI diplomatic valuation of military access and alliances

Fix for wind sounds not working in naval battles

Fixed ship wakes not always working

Fixed disembarking subsets of armies and agents from navies

Fixed potential crash disembarking agents from navies

Fixed armies not being booted out of regions when losing military access gained by joining an ally in war

Improved AI diplomacy valuation of technologies

Fix for bug where general's unit for an upper class rebellion was coming from the region owning faction rather than the faction rebelling

Fixed reinforcements from unreachable positions

Fixed bug preventing disembarking

Balance of power fix for attack of opportunity

Fixed bug that was causing issues with embarking an army containing multiple characters

Minor tweak to stop some ship sails endlessly play furling sound

Fixed path blocked bug

Diplomacy counter-offer improvements

Fix for fast forward not working as intended on some PCs. Will always speed up if camera is still, if camera moves fast forward will be as fast as possible on each PC

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee