Palin's Insanity Deepends, Chapter....I lost count

Started by Queequeg, July 26, 2009, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Palin-hating is so 2008.  :yawn:

I'm not trying to defend her. Just saying she's old garbage and the coverage of her antics bores me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Viking

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 27, 2009, 05:02:39 PM

I'm not trying to defend her. Just saying she's old garbage and the coverage of her antics bore me.

She is old news and her "gaffyness" means that no matter how badly Obama may have fucked up Palin will lose if she is nomated. Keeping her in the news is cruel like cripple fights.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

It's my fondest hope that she tries to start a 3rd party.  Hopefully that will siphon away alot of the wingnuts that drag the GOP down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 27, 2009, 06:58:54 PM

I'm not trying to defend her. Just saying she's old garbage and the coverage of her antics bore me.

She is old news and her "gaffyness" means that no matter how badly Obama may have fucked up Palin will lose if she is nomated. Keeping her in the news is cruel like cripple fights.

It's not really gaffes.  A gaffe is a mistake.  She didn't become stupid by accident.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tonitrus

If Palintology requires a close study of her anatomy, where does one sign up for the classes?   :unsure:

Caliga

Quote from: Armyknife on July 27, 2009, 05:01:33 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on July 27, 2009, 02:39:32 PM
The same cannot be said, obviously, of most of the Mid-West.  The German population that settled the area seems to have adopted their new language and culture to the point of becoming more "American" than the Americans, resulting in "accent less" English and an architectural style that bears little resemblance to the motherland.  This makes a fascinating comparison with German migrants to Brazil and Argentina who are still purported to speak some German and have constructed entire neighborhoods in German style.
:huh:
I knew what Spellus was trying to say, but it came out a little strange to a non-American, no doubt.  The Midwest accent so predominates in news broadcasting that Americans have come to think of is as the 'default' accent.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

It is the default!  It's the only true American.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 08:44:55 PM
I knew what Spellus was trying to say, but it came out a little strange to a non-American, no doubt.  The Midwest accent so predominates in news broadcasting that Americans have come to think of is as the 'default' accent.
Um... no. Midwestern accents tend to be pretty sharp, but not as pronounced as Boston, New York, or most flavors of southern drawl. GAE's closest to a neutral far-western accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American
Experience bij!

Neil

Everyone speaks far-western in Canada, aside from Atlantic types.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2009, 07:07:23 PM

It's not really gaffes.  A gaffe is a mistake.  She didn't become stupid by accident.

Which is why I had to coin "gaffyness". She just makes blunders constantly that in others would be considered gaffes. I don't want to characterize somebody as stupid without actually having met them, however, in her case her publicly projected persona does not include inquisitiveness and being well informed.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 27, 2009, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 08:44:55 PM
Um... no. Midwestern accents tend to be pretty sharp, but not as pronounced as Boston, New York, or most flavors of southern drawl. GAE's closest to a neutral far-western accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American
I don't mean the Great Lakes accent, if that's what you thought I meant.  I'm talking Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas.

Great Lakes is all DA BEARSSSS and Chi-KAHHHHH-goh.

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on July 27, 2009, 09:53:08 PM
Everyone speaks far-western in Canada, aside from Atlantic types.
Newfies = virtually impossible to understand.  I talked to one on the phone once and I think I had to ask him to repeat himself after virtually every sentence.

Fate

William Shatner recites Palin's farewell speech as spoken word poetry. It's pretty much verbatim.  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7_UHHA5peY&feature=player_embedded

Transcript from Palin's speech so you can compare:

(reformatted by myself)
"... soaring through nature's finest show.
Denali, the great one, soaring under the midnight sun.
And then the extremes. In the winter time
it's the frozen road
that is competing with the view of ice fogged frigid beauty,
the cold though, doesn't it split
the Cheechakos from the Sourdoughs?

And then in the summertime such extreme
summertime
about a hundred and fifty degrees hotter
than just some months ago,
than just some months from now,
with fireweed blooming along the frost heaves
and merciless rivers that are rushing
and carving and reminding us
that here, Mother Nature wins.
It is as throughout all Alaska
that big wild good life
teeming along the road
that is north to the future."

Hansmeister

Quote from: Viking on July 28, 2009, 08:48:13 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2009, 07:07:23 PM

Which is why I had to coin "gaffyness". She just makes blunders constantly that in others would be considered gaffes. I don't want to characterize somebody as stupid without actually having met them, however, in her case her publicly projected persona does not include inquisitiveness and being well informed.

Basically, she sounds like Obama and only slightly better than Biden.