Palin's Insanity Deepends, Chapter....I lost count

Started by Queequeg, July 26, 2009, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Yes, Obama displays the same level of inquisitiveness and being well-informed as Palin.  :rolleyes:  Don't they teach you that half-truths are a lot more effective than outlandish lies?  God help us when right wingers develop anything resembling subtlety.

Hansmeister

Quote from: DGuller on July 28, 2009, 04:47:23 PM
Yes, Obama displays the same level of inquisitiveness and being well-informed as Palin.  :rolleyes:  Don't they teach you that half-truths are a lot more effective than outlandish lies?  God help us when right wingers develop anything resembling subtlety.

He certainly hasn't displayed any inquisitiveness when it comes to his own Stimulus bill, cap-and-trade, or health care bill.  Some simple-minded people confuse endless equivocating as a sign of thoughtfullness or retrospection, when it is of course only a cover for ignorance.

Obama's pronouncements on historical events have been downright hysterical for their uninformed nature.  It's funny how Democrats always roll out these morons like Al Gore, John Kerry, or Obama and try to sell them as intellectuals to the public.

DGuller

Yes, the former president of Harvard Law Review is a moron and not an intellectual, sure. 

As I said before, I'm glad the vast majority of right wingers have a complete lack of subtlety, it sure makes them less dangerous.  Then again, maybe the lack of subtlety is what pushes one into right-winger camp in the first place.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on July 28, 2009, 05:43:37 PM
Yes, the former president of Harvard Law Review is a moron and not an intellectual, sure. 
He got the job via affirmative action and crime.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

That's funny - leftists had no qualms about calling Bush Stupid despite an MBA from Harvard, and a Bachellor's from Yale...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Hansmeister

As I said before, I'm glad the vast majority of right wingers have a complete lack of subtlety, it sure makes them less dangerous.  Then again, maybe the lack of subtlety is what pushes one into right-winger camp in the first place.

He certainly displays incredible levels of ignorance of the law.  I remember when he railed last year against the "theory" of the unitary executive as if it was an invention of the neocons instead of a basic part of our Constitution.  :lmfao:

The same when it comes to his pronouncement that judges should show "empathy" instead of following the model of "blind justice".  :rolleyes:

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on July 28, 2009, 05:56:54 PM

That's funny - leftists had no qualms about calling Bush Stupid despite an MBA from Harvard, and a Bachellor's from Yale...
The difference is in the merit of the achievements.  Bush skated by on the strength of his family's connections, which is unfortunately not that uncommon in the "elite" universities, while Obama had none of the sort.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on July 28, 2009, 06:09:25 PM
The difference is in the merit of the achievements.  Bush skated by on the strength of his family's connections, which is unfortunately not that uncommon in the "elite" universities, while Obama had none of the sort.

That's not the difference, plenty of Democrats have done that as well. People just have a natural tendency to dismiss those who disagree with them as idiots.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hansmeister

And Obama skated by as an affirmative action quota.  It's easy to play this game.  Of course having gone to Havard or any other elite university is no proof of intelect.  In the end a diploma is just a piece of paper.  Would an intelligent person go to jeremiah Wright's church for twenty years and adopt him as his closest mentor and inspiration?  Sorry, that is just completely indefensible.  Unless Obama is a moron, or a racist.  you pick which one.

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 28, 2009, 06:13:56 PM

That's not the difference, plenty of Democrats have done that as well. People just have a natural tendency to dismiss those who disagree with them as idiots.
Especially if those who disagree with them go out of their way to show that they're simple folk, and not burdened by intellectualism.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 28, 2009, 06:26:06 PM

And Obama skated by as an affirmative action quota.  It's easy to play this game.  Of course having gone to Havard or any other elite university is no proof of intelect.  In the end a diploma is just a piece of paper.  Would an intelligent person go to jeremiah Wright's church for twenty years and adopt him as his closest mentor and inspiration?  Sorry, that is just completely indefensible.  Unless Obama is a moron, or a racist.  you pick which one.
Great.  Now Spellus is going to show up and tell us how it's alright for people in South Chicago to rage against whitey.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Hansmeister

Quote from: DGuller on July 28, 2009, 06:29:12 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 28, 2009, 06:13:56 PM

Especially if those who disagree with them go out of their way to show that they're simple folk, and not burdened by intellectualism.
Since people tend to prefer to vote for candidates who are just like themselves over pointy-headed intellectuals I would say a smart person would play down his intellect instead of puffing his chest out.

That's how Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan did it.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 28, 2009, 06:43:58 PM
Since people tend to prefer to vote for candidates who are just like themselves over pointy-headed intellectuals I would say a smart person would play down his intellect instead of puffing his chest out.

Isn't that how Obama won, as well?  Drones of college students and young adults who believe they're smarter than everybody else?

Hansmeister

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 28, 2009, 07:18:44 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on July 28, 2009, 06:43:58 PM

Isn't that how Obama won, as well?  Drones of college students and young adults who believe they're smarter than everybody else?
No, it was in the end because McCain fought for all the issues the pointy-headed advocated much more than the back-bencher Obama ever did (amnesty, global warming) thus losing the very people he needed to win(frequently to the nonvoting pool).  You basically had two candidates who were ijn the pointy-head camp, one who fought for them (mcCain) and one who didn't(Obama).  So it was in effect tweedle-dee vs tweedle-dum.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 28, 2009, 07:44:31 PM
No, it was in the end because McCain fought for all the issues the pointy-headed advocated much more than the back-bencher Obama ever did (amnesty, global warming) thus losing the very people he needed to win(frequently to the nonvoting pool).  You basically had two candidates who were ijn the pointy-head camp, one who fought for them (mcCain) and one who didn't(Obama).  So it was in effect tweedle-dee vs tweedle-dum.

Can't really blame it on stay-at-homes when Obama got 4 million more votes than Bush got in '04.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?