News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Green is your toilet paper?

Started by Savonarola, July 28, 2009, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I use a baby seal to wipe my ass. And then flush it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Don't know or care how green it is, but the wife better get the quilted TP next time she goes to the store or there'll be hell to pay  :mad:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: KRonn on July 29, 2009, 07:37:31 AM
What was all the buzz a while ago with some groups and celebs coming out saying we should use only one square of toilet paper? Anyone remember that?  :huh:
When I was in Budapest back in 89 the little old ladies at the public restrooms only handed out two squares.  No Communism for me, thank you very much.

Josquius

Recycled toilet paper- it costs twice as much as the normal stuff, is of generally inferior quality and has a name that makes people wretch.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 29, 2009, 01:50:52 PM
What was all the buzz a while ago with some groups and celebs coming out saying we should use only one square of toilet paper? Anyone remember that?  :huh:
When I was in Budapest back in 89 the little old ladies at the public restrooms only handed out two squares.  No Communism for me, thank you very much.
In USSR, there was no toilet paper at all in the public bathrooms.  It was ingrained in Russian psyche to take everything that isn't bolted down and isn't watched, and so you never had one on hand.  If you had to take a shit in the public bathroom, your only hope was to have newspaper with you.  Later on you couldn't even buy TP in the stores for home consumption, so it was blackened asses even at home.

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 29, 2009, 01:50:52 PM

So they "couldn't spare a square...."

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.    :D

saskganesh

ah. my brand is Cascades Decor.

... like you guys care.  :P
humans were created in their own image

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

charliebear

QuoteOur experts have carefully evaluated over 100 brands and recommended those that: contain 100% overall recycled content...

How does one go about getting recycled toilet paper?  That just sounds nasty.

KRonn

Quote from: charliebear on July 29, 2009, 02:55:05 PM
QuoteOur experts have carefully evaluated over 100 brands and recommended those that: contain 100% overall recycled content...

How does one go about getting recycled toilet paper?  That just sounds nasty.
Hehe... well, it's certainly just recycled paper being used. Given that many of us are now recycling a lot of stuff now, hopefully there is a market for it.