News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I see his death has been confirmed. Good riddance if there ever was one.

Razgovory

The Fuhrer is dead.  Perhaps they can be convinced lay down their arms.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2024, 03:09:44 PMThe Fuhrer is dead.  Perhaps they can be convinced lay down their arms.

It's fuhrers all the way down.

You'd think Israel would have learned by now that they can't assassinate their way to victory.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 17, 2024, 04:12:50 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2024, 03:09:44 PMThe Fuhrer is dead.  Perhaps they can be convinced lay down their arms.

You'd think Israel would have learned by now that they can't assassinate their way to victory.

I doubt they think they can.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 17, 2024, 04:12:50 PM

I get the impression this guy was the one most forcefully advocating for sacrificing the population for the end goal.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on October 17, 2024, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 17, 2024, 09:32:43 AMSad day for the Hamastans of Languish--high probability Sinwar was killed.

Give it a break with accusing people here of supporting Hamas, mate. Go and watch a Trump dance video to calm down.

He heard Trump say that he was going to use the US military against "the Pelosis" of the US and all his blood rushed to his penis.  There was none left to moderate the verbal garbage he posts online.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 17, 2024, 10:28:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2024, 04:18:27 PMI doubt they think they can.

Then what is the strategy?

I don't know what their strategy is. I don't know what their goal is, but I slightly doubt that it is victory. Such a goal is unrealistic and therefore dangerous. Not losing is a realistic goal. Assassinations slow the enemy down, which from this perspective is enough.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2024, 04:18:27 PMI doubt they think they can.

Well that's the thing, isn't it.

Now Bibi doesn't need to tell me what his strategy is.  But I don't get much sense there *is* a strategy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Iormlund

For now, destroy their cache of weapons, blow up their tunnels, kill as many officers as possible.
Later, divide the Strip into smaller chunks and strike at everything they don't approve of. We've already seen them build corridors that point to it.

The Minsky Moment

Operations, no matter how competently conducted, are not a substitute for a coherent strategy.
--Joan Robinson

Iormlund

I don't think Bibi is contemplating a return to pre-war normalcy, if that's what you mean.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on October 18, 2024, 12:58:56 PMI don't think Bibi is contemplating a return to pre-war normalcy, if that's what you mean.

For sure. That would mean he would probably go on trial for corruption.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

Yeah.

Honestly, the way Israel was taunting the Ayatolahs before the last missile strike had me dreading Bibi wanted to escalate until he "had to" drop a nuke on Iran.

Israel seems remarkably chill on the retaliation for now though.

Darth Wagtaros

Cut off one limb and two more will take its place.
PDH!