News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

France should acknowledge responsibility, move in, and kick Hezbollah out.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 01, 2024, 11:56:41 AMYeah this an odd sort of discussion.  Lebanon is a pretty small country and there aren't a lot of "safe" places to live.  Nor can most of the population simply retire to their estates in Provence.  Beirut is a target, the entire South is a target.  The northern part suffered from riots not the long ago due to massive unemployment and food shortages.  East is the marvelous safe haven of Assad's Syria.  West is a large body of salt water.

Collectively speaking the Lebanese screwed up by allowing Hezbollah a political foothold.  As individuals, it's hard to blame them personally for current events.

It's possible to hold all those ideas and yet still not blame Israel because the horrific terrorist group that keeps murdering their civilians hides like a pack of cowards in an inner city apartment bloc.

Well said

Tamas

So is this another arm-flailing of an Iranian strike thanks to Israeli and US efforts?

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2024, 12:48:14 PMSo is this another arm-flailing of an Iranian strike thanks to Israeli and US efforts?

They're hitting Israeli cities. There will be a strong response.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2024, 12:48:14 PMSo is this another arm-flailing of an Iranian strike thanks to Israeli and US efforts?

No, this is the expansion of the war.  Israel will have to respond. 

Iormlund

So, odds on a nuclear response?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 01, 2024, 11:22:10 AMIt isn't Israel's problem that people live in the place that is daily launching rockets at their country. You guys are literally insane. The standard some of you hem and haw around is one where "well, you can't attack a country if they have civilians." Okay cool, I guess since every country has civilians, no more wars. But wait, when a country with civilians attacks another country, the victim can't counterattack because of the civilians present in the aggressor? That's absurd.

Something like 20,000 French civilians died in the first weeks of the Normandy invasion.
Well, Israel has a right to defend itself, up to a point.

They can't really claim the moral high ground by saying "we did warn them to leave the place before destroying everything".

Of course, it's something that is totally irrelevant to you.  Whatever Israel does, it's justified, whomever is dead is allright.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Iormlund

So far it seems the only victim was a Gazan refugee in Jericho.

OttoVonBismarck

Iran is claiming 90% of their missiles struck their targets.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 01, 2024, 04:03:40 PMIran is claiming 90% of their missiles struck their targets.

If their targets were Israeli and US SAMs, they may be right.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2024, 11:59:24 AMFrance should acknowledge responsibility, move in, and kick Hezbollah out.
France can't even manage itself nowadays. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: grumbler on October 01, 2024, 04:12:44 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 01, 2024, 04:03:40 PMIran is claiming 90% of their missiles struck their targets.

If their targets were Israeli and US SAMs, they may be right.

The Iranians are clever, they don't pick out their targets until after the missile lands.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help