News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 04, 2024, 11:06:14 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2024, 10:09:01 AMBvS mentioned TERFs.  That's not so much a right vs left issues, but a left-on-left issue.  TERFs attack trans rights as being an attack on women's rights.

It is because they think there are two genders: the oppressors and the oppressed. Men being oppressors and they see trans rights as a way for men to do evil. It kind of blows me away how this hateful and misandrist view is held up as "protecting women's rights" the second it turns on trans people. Like because they hate trans people so much suddenly the rest of their vile ideology gets whitewashed. If they hate trans people that much, they can't be all bad.

I don't think you are the source of that BB, but I sure as fuck have noticed it.

We're getting really far afield from Israel-Hamas, but...

I won't deny that there can be an element of this, but I definitely wouldn't paint all "TERFs" with this brush.

Just to take JK Rowling as perhaps the most prominent voice of this particular movement - she's very pro-trans in that trans people should have trans healthcare, their pronouns and names should be respected, and they should be treated with dignity.

But same-sex spaces should be respected as well.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 04, 2024, 09:00:54 AMI can pin point BB's on google map with all the hints he's given over the years, ffs.

I'm pretty open I live in Edmonton... :unsure:

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2024, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 04, 2024, 09:00:54 AMI can pin point BB's on google map with all the hints he's given over the years, ffs.

You've given a few more identifying tidbits over the years  :ph34r:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on July 04, 2024, 12:19:51 PM

PM me your best shot.  :ph34r:

Threviel

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 04, 2024, 10:54:42 AMSouth Sweden, south of Goteborg.

(V......)

Hot damn, why would anyone remember that?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 04, 2024, 09:00:54 AMHe's in the north of England. Some of you guys really suck at remembering where other members live.

I can pin point BB's on google map with all the hints he's given over the years, ffs.

That's because you have all the time in the world sitting at your beach hut in Hawaii, or have I got that wrong?

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2024, 12:22:18 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 04, 2024, 12:19:51 PM

PM me your best shot.  :ph34r:

And become a suspect if you ever get robbed? I don't think so!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

lol someone renamed it as a park called "Epstein Island".