News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2024, 08:56:22 PMModerators are doing a magnificent job.

I really wish they'd keep both candidates more on topic and answering the questions posed. Harris is giving it an honest effort, but Trump has zero interest in answering anything legitimately it seems.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Also, the moderators giving Trump first and last word on seemingly everything is exhausting.  :rolleyes:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on September 10, 2024, 09:13:15 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2024, 08:56:22 PMModerators are doing a magnificent job.

I really wish they'd keep both candidates more on topic and answering the questions posed. Harris is giving it an honest effort, but Trump has zero interest in answering anything legitimately it seems.

And it doesn't matter. Dude could strip naked and shit on the stage and people would say he won the debate.

Kamala has to be awesome though.

So tired of Trump and how he can do anything. I feel like Frank Grimes watching Homer Simpson. I only hope Trump doesn't drive me to grab hot electrical wires.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

I'm still holding out for a weaponized deployment of "weird" to make Trump utterly lose control. I'm expecting a Leo from Wolf of Wall Street level of rage and having to be held back.  :lol:

DGuller

I'm somewhat relieved that Harris is looking presidential, and that Trump is looking like himself.  I'm only somewhat relieved, though, because as Valmy said, Trump has plot armor.

HisMajestyBOB

It's clear to anyone with half a brain that Trump is nuts and clearly (still) unqualified to be president. Unfortunately, this is the American electorate we're talking about, so we're still fucked.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Harris' smirking is very well modulated and very well timed.  The split screen really works for her.  I'm scoring it a tactical Harris victory right now, not a blowout.

DGuller

I'm really hoping that this Orban thing is going to blow up after the debate.  It fit a classic definition of a gaffe, where a politician accidentally reveals what is suspected to be true.  Harris has been harping on Trump for pandering to dictators who flatter him, and what he does as a rebuttal is quote a dictator flattering him.  I wish Harris were quick enough on her feet to pounce on it immediately, though.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on September 10, 2024, 09:14:49 PMAlso, the moderators giving Trump first and last word on seemingly everything is exhausting.  :rolleyes:

No kidding.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on September 10, 2024, 09:13:15 PMI really wish they'd keep both candidates more on topic and answering the questions posed. Harris is giving it an honest effort, but Trump has zero interest in answering anything legitimately it seems.

I don't see how they can do that without becoming debate participants themselves.  I've seen the pattern on network interview shows.  Ask the question, evasion, repeat the question, evasion, change topics.  The evasion is the answer and voters have to proceed on that basis.

I did notice several times when Harris did the old Palin Pivot.  "How do you explain changing your position on fracking?" "I love fracking because it will help build up ordinary people's lives!"

DGuller

I really hate the whole concept of the "your positions changed, you say your values haven't changed" gotcha.  The assumption seems to be that elected politicians are supposed to be dictators installing their values on the country.  I don't think too many people work the jobs where they don't have to occasionally support something they don't quite agree with personally.

Admiral Yi

I thought the Ukraine segment was when Trump looked the most naked.  Well, maybe the segment on immigrants eating your pets.  Did his handlers think that was a winning line?

Valmy

I think VP Harris did very well and Trump rambled on like a lunatic. However it doesn't matter what I think.

I hope I see some good things in the polls the next few weeks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Harris roasted him. Fox News sounding like a YouTube college football fan reaction channel whose team just got killed 57-3.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Taylor Swift just endorsed Harris.

It's over.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.