News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Tonight is the night. Hope to God something really good happens.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2024, 06:41:29 PMTonight is the night. Hope to God something really good happens.

Heart attack?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on September 10, 2024, 06:41:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2024, 06:41:29 PMTonight is the night. Hope to God something really good happens.

Heart attack?

Or a stroke. It is important it be natural causes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Anyone know what the deal is on the muting issue?  Did Harris want or not want muting?  And what did they end up with?

I think she's going to stomp him.  Trump has been on an extra deranged bender recently, so deranged that his fanbois are not making youtube clips defending his derangement that show up on my feed.  So to not sound deranged he'll have to stick to his script.  No way he can do that if Harris drops the right triggers.

Sheilbh

I know he has been experimenting with a few - but I still think the fact that he hasn't settled on a nickname is indicative of still not having worked out how to handle Harris.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2024, 11:32:08 AMI am not sure what your point is.  You used the word "controlling".  That is normally associated with shareholding.

FWIW the concept of a "control person" is pretty broad under US law. Elon would probably qualify pretty easily in all those companies.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 10, 2024, 07:14:37 PMI know he has been experimenting with a few - but I still think the fact that he hasn't settled on a nickname is indicative of still not having worked out how to handle Harris.

I hope he doesn't figure out until after he loses the election.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2024, 06:52:43 PMAnyone know what the deal is on the muting issue?  Did Harris want or not want muting?  And what did they end up with?

I think she's going to stomp him.  Trump has been on an extra deranged bender recently, so deranged that his fanbois are not making youtube clips defending his derangement that show up on my feed.  So to not sound deranged he'll have to stick to his script.  No way he can do that if Harris drops the right triggers.

Yeah I don't know. I guess we will find out soon.

I sure the fuck hopes she stomps him and he becomes an incoherent drooling mess.

DGuller

Am I the only one getting quite a bit of anxiety right now?  The very fact that what happens tonight might matter is already infuriating.  I still can't come to grips with the reality that we're a coin flip away from an entirely predictable disaster.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2024, 07:59:59 PMAm I the only one getting quite a bit of anxiety right now?  The very fact that what happens tonight might matter is already infuriating.  I still can't come to grips with the reality that we're a coin flip away from an entirely predictable disaster.

I have been a nervous wreck every time I even think about this election. At least now I kind of have some hope things might work out.

But damn. Having an existential crisis every four years is no way to run a Republic. This is how the 1850s must have felt.

Admiral Yi

The combover is the best looking I've ever seen.  He's not spazzing nearly as much as I had hoped.  More like a tossup so far than a stomping.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2024, 08:05:39 PMBut damn. Having an existential crisis every four years is no way to run a Republic. This is how the 1850s must have felt.
Relax and think of Rome, 408, all quiet and fun place, all enemies placated, a competent general in charge of defense.

:sleep:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

"Donald Trump was fired by 81 million voters." That line is money! :lmfao:

Moderators are doing a magnificent job.

DGuller

I hope Trump appealing to Orban's wisdom is sounding as damning as it should be to everyone.

Valmy

Viktor Orban likes him. Well there is an endorsement.