2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Otto, you sound unhinged.  I'm aware of two junior Congressmen who are on record supporting any action against Israel.  One of whom just got unseated.

Josquius

I seriously wonder from where this lunacy is being piped into his "brain" .
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

At some point, the brain starts producing lunacy on its own.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on June 28, 2024, 06:47:22 PMNew York Times editorial board called on Biden to GTFO.  I wonder if that will get the avalanche going.  Until that piece no significant entity went on record asking him to get out.

Eh, wait a week and it will die down. Having the country run on autopilot is preferable to a Trump presidency for many.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on June 29, 2024, 09:14:25 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 28, 2024, 06:47:22 PMNew York Times editorial board called on Biden to GTFO.  I wonder if that will get the avalanche going.  Until that piece no significant entity went on record asking him to get out.

Eh, wait a week and it will die down. Having the country run on autopilot is preferable to a Trump presidency for many.
Sure as hell is for the Ukrainians.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

For many, yes.  I'd vote for Joe over Trump even if he were in a nursing home.  The question is, is it preferable to enough people?  To the voters who were born with dementia, the ones who go "Donald has more energy, sure, I'll vote to end the democracy" or "both sides are shit, I'm voting third party", would that be preferable?

Savonarola

Quote from: Legbiter on June 29, 2024, 09:14:25 AMEh, wait a week and it will die down.

I agree.  In fact it looks like CNN is already working on a redemption arc:  See Biden's transformation from debate to campaign rally

This is a risk in my opinion, Biden does do better in a scripted, controlled environment; but even then he has gone off the rails: speaking gibberish, mumbling, reading the teleprompter cues, or going into rambly, improbable stories.  In the past most of our left of center news sources have ignored this behavior or gone into a "But Trump" ending to the story.  After Biden's debate performance, I'm not sure that this will still work; but I don't think Biden will step aside.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 29, 2024, 10:51:10 AM

For many, yes.  I'd vote for Joe over Trump even if he were in a nursing home.  The question is, is it preferable to enough people?  To the voters who were born with dementia, the ones who go "Donald has more energy, sure, I'll vote to end the democracy" or "both sides are shit, I'm voting third party", would that be preferable?

Yeah its insane. There is nothing special about Biden. If he is a liability in any way he should be tossed for somebody who is less of a liability, given the stakes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 28, 2024, 09:25:44 PMYou lefties wanting Biden out are dreaming--America is not going to vote for the Hamas-lovers who would replace him. Biden is wretched, but the rest of the Dem lineup is basically in bed with the idea of Israel not having a right to exist.

It is a sad state that the Dems have let themselves become so hijacked by Hamas that the only good option is voting for the GOP (which itself is a terrible party these days.)

:lmfao:   The most amazing thing about this demented trolling is that you are not trolling.  You are okay with Putin calling the shots in American foreign policy if it means that sane policies in the Middle East are thwarted.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2024, 01:00:38 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 29, 2024, 10:51:10 AM

Yeah its insane. There is nothing special about Biden. If he is a liability in any way he should be tossed for somebody who is less of a liability, given the stakes.

Nothing is special about Biden the man, what is special about him is his policy positions. Due to basically an accident of history, he is the "last man standing" for the Democrats who can conceivably win a national election in the swing states. That is why I think Dems are foolish to replace him--the replacements are all further left, and simply will never win states like AZ / GA / PA, and would struggle to win MI / NV / WI.

If the Dems had a viable non-Biden who was 30 years younger but had the same policy positions, strategy wise, yeah that would be the move to replace Biden with that person. But they don't. They have guys like Gavin Newsom who is simply unacceptable to swing state voters.

OttoVonBismarck

https://journa.host/@w7voa/112706126374214898

Note you can already see the pro-Hamas wing of the Democrats are attempting to make this into their big power grab.

Mark my words, by 2028 the Democratic party will be calling for Israel's cleansing "from river to sea" and voting with Russia and China to delegitimize Israel as a country in the UN.

Josquius

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 30, 2024, 11:01:11 AMhttps://journa.host/@w7voa/112706126374214898

Note you can already see the pro-Hamas wing of the Democrats are attempting to make this into their big power grab.

Mark my words, by 2028 the Democratic party will be calling for Israel's cleansing "from river to sea" and voting with Russia and China to delegitimize Israel as a country in the UN.

I thought Biden was a Hamas terrorist tho?
██████
██████
██████