If you were in the same position as Ukrainians are now what would you do?

Started by Savonarola, March 14, 2022, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were in the same position as Ukrainians are now what would you do?

Stay and fight
27 (73%)
Stay but not fight
2 (5.4%)
Stay and collaborate
0 (0%)
Flee
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Tonitrus

I'd probably be doing what I am doing now.

Or what I was doing just several months ago.

Crazy_Ivan80

I can only hope I'd have the guts to join the fight. I'd like to think I would.
Luckily there's a lot of ways to help so maybe I'd be useful as more than just a roadbump.

Berkut

Stay and fight. 

Damn, that makes me feel so old, just thinking about what I am saying and then imagining what the physical act of it would be like. Pretty sure my left knee would fail after exactly one single time diving into a foxhole.

I wonder if the modern infantry digs as constantly as they used to - or is that considered to be a waste of effort, and you just move a lot? I would guess they still dig dig dig, especially against Russians and their love for artillery.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

KRonn

I picked stay and fight but I have no illusions of how dangerous that would be, and I may be too old. I can't run fast and don't have the agility I did as young man in good shape. If I fight, I'd try to find a group like minded and harass enemy troops, or maybe more likely I'd protest unarmed with groups of people in front of the enemy like many Ukrainians are doing.

Zoupa

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on March 15, 2022, 08:44:53 PMI have no idea.

Mais...La République vous appelle
Sachez vaincre ou sachez périr
Un Français doit vivre pour elle
Pour elle un Français doit mourir.

Of course you live in Canada...no Republic there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2022, 05:53:16 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on March 15, 2022, 08:44:53 PMI have no idea.

Mais...La République vous appelle
Sachez vaincre ou sachez périr
Un Français doit vivre pour elle
Pour elle un Français doit mourir.

Of course you live in Canada...no Republic there.
Even worst, he moved as far away as possible from the closest thing we have to France over here :(
You are more of a French than he is...
;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Comme disait mon grand-père: La France, c'est une certaine façon de couper le saucisson.

Comme De Gaulle à Londres en 40, j'amène la France avec moi ou que j'aille :frog:

CountDeMoney

So there's a lot of us that are a hell of a lot older and rounder than we used to be;  who says we have to don the camo and deal with the front lines?  I mean, provided you're not obliterated by the war on civilians, that is. 

Sure it's more fun to run around in a technical, whacking Russians with Javelins and whatnot.  But is that the best use of middle aged guys?

Stick around.  Do your day jobs.  Welcome your new Russian overlords. By day, you're Ivan, the friendly local television repair man.  At night, you're La Resistance.

Secret meetings. Make fake documents. Blow up railroad tracks. Cut telegraph wires. Listen to Radio Free America for coded messages. Help coordinate air drops. Assassinate officers.

Definitely a lot easier on the knees than rolling around in the mud.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zoupa on March 16, 2022, 10:56:45 PMComme disait mon grand-père: La France, c'est une certaine façon de couper le saucisson.

Comme De Gaulle à Londres en 40, j'amène la France avec moi ou que j'aille :frog:

:cheers:

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 17, 2022, 12:05:54 AMSo there's a lot of us that are a hell of a lot older and rounder than we used to be;  who says we have to don the camo and deal with the front lines?  I mean, provided you're not obliterated by the war on civilians, that is. 

Sure it's more fun to run around in a technical, whacking Russians with Javelins and whatnot.  But is that the best use of middle aged guys?

Stick around.  Do your day jobs.  Welcome your new Russian overlords. By day, you're Ivan, the friendly local television repair man.  At night, you're La Resistance.

Secret meetings. Make fake documents. Blow up railroad tracks. Cut telegraph wires. Listen to Radio Free America for coded messages. Help coordinate air drops. Assassinate officers.

Definitely a lot easier on the knees than rolling around in the mud.

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense for those of us who are older. I'm still trim but nowhere near the shape I was even in my forties as I kept in good shape until about then.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on March 16, 2022, 10:56:45 PMComme disait mon grand-père: La France, c'est une certaine façon de couper le saucisson.

je me souviens du saucisson :)  j'aime bien cette anecdote. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.