It's July 2021 - are you still routinely wearing a mask?

Started by Barrister, June 30, 2021, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you still wearing a mask?

Yes
24 (54.5%)
No
19 (43.2%)
Jaron
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

OttoVonBismarck

The legal mandates ended here earlier in the month and while I still carry one in my pocket, I have not worn one since. If I went somewhere where the business owner or the law still required one, I'd put it on. I'm fully vaccinated.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on June 30, 2021, 04:03:31 PM
I'm shocked so many voted no here. Its an obvious yes for me.

I'm vaccinated.  The CDC announced that anyone who is fully vaccinated can go maskless indoors.  Masks are slightly unpleasant.

It's an obvious no for me.

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2021, 04:50:04 PM

I'm vaccinated.  The CDC announced that anyone who is fully vaccinated can go maskless indoors.  Masks are slightly unpleasant.

:yes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on June 30, 2021, 05:17:08 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2021, 04:50:04 PM

:yes:

:yes: :yes:

I stil feel a bit odd walking into store and not masking up, but that's just because of residual Pavlovian conditioning.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Nope.  I still carry my mask but the only place I've worn it lately is Jersey Mike's (sub shop) because for some odd reason they are still mandating them, but nowhere else around here is that I know of.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Yes, Korea has been making progress on the vaccines, but still is nowhere near vacced enough to discard masks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

I don't really wear one regularly but Quebec's indoor mask mandate remains in place. I expect it will last thru the fall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

every weekday for up to 10 hours. there are breaks.
humans were created in their own image

DGuller

Same as Otto; I have a mask in my shirt pocket with me at all times, but I only wear it where I'm required.  By now it's essentially only required in mass transit.  When the mask mandate was lifted, many stores initially had very passive aggressive "you don't have to wear a mask, but if you're not an asshole, you will" signs, but within a week they were replaced with "you're welcome to not wear a mask if you're vaccinated" signs.

clandestino

Yes, I live in a largely urban area so it's kind of difficult to keep social distancing all the time.

I'm working from home so that doesn't apply and when going shopping it's mandatory inside.

When we go for a walk during the weekend I remove it outside if there's no one around.

Richard Hakluyt

I still wear a mask in accordance with the rules and expect to stop wearing one the moemnt the rules change on the 19th.

I don't think I would have coped well if the rules had ever included wearing a mask outdoors; too stupid.

Syt

We never had much of an outdoors mask mandate. You were supposed to wear one if minimum distancing couldn't be maintained, but outside of a few occurrences (demonstrations, young folk partying in public spaces) it was rarely enforced. There was briefly a mask mandate in a few public areas in Vienna, but those were locations where young people hung at night to party.

Tonight, clubs are re-opening at 75% capacity. Patrons need to be either tested or vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid. There will be no distancing or mask requirements in clubs.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 01, 2021, 04:08:26 AM
I still wear a mask in accordance with the rules and expect to stop wearing one the moemnt the rules change on the 19th.

I don't think I would have coped well if the rules had ever included wearing a mask outdoors; too stupid.

I do recall that early on it was encouraged so that people would be less inclined to constantly fiddle with them / accidentally transfer covid from surfaces to their mouths via their hands.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

No.

I'm fully vaccinated and there's no legal requirement. I sometimes still check my pocket for a mask when entering a store.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.