It's July 2021 - are you still routinely wearing a mask?

Started by Barrister, June 30, 2021, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you still wearing a mask?

Yes
24 (54.5%)
No
19 (43.2%)
Jaron
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 02:27:35 PM
Oh that's one thing - we have never had an outdoor mask mandate.  Ours was always for indoors only.  Why you would mask up outdoors completely escapes me.
Same. Never required here and I always thought it was a bit mad when I saw footage from people in New York or wherever.
Let's bomb Russia!

Iormlund

Still mandatory at work. I would wear it regardless. We still have plenty of cases. Just today one of the interns. And I suspect my boss as well.

So yeah, still wearing it and being cautious in general. Most people still wear them even outdoors, despite them not being mandatory anymore.

Threviel

I've worn a mask twice, once for the dentist and once when I vaccinated against Covid.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 01:57:34 PM
Just curious.  Here in Alberta most mask mandates disappear tomorrow - July 1.  There are still requirements in specific situations (on public transit, and for me they're still being required at the courthouse), but in the majority of situations you don't need to wear one.

I don't know if I will keep wearing one when I go out to stores or wherever though.  I did get my second dose, but it won't fully kick in for another 13 days.

So what is Languish doing?  Are you still wearing a mask?  Why or why not?
No more masks at work as long as we can keep a distance of 2m.
Don't think we have a rules change on July 1st and afaik, mask is still mandatory inside commercial areas, like groceries or any other retail stores.

So, I'm wearing the mask where it is required, I don't do anything extra.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zanza

Indoor with many other people I will continue to wear FFP2 masks as it reduces the likelihood of infection.

It is likely that you can still transmit even if you are vaccinated yourself.

I have regular contact with minors that cannot get vaccinated here yet. I feel that I owe them whatever I can do to protect them as well.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 02:27:35 PM
Oh that's one thing - we have never had an outdoor mask mandate.  Ours was always for indoors only.  Why you would mask up outdoors completely escapes me.
it only appeared here during the 3rd wave, with the UK variant, medical mask mandatory for work and sports outside.  I remember lots of people freaking out that kids would pass out during July while playing baseball.  People freak about everything these days.  Anyway, as I expected, that mandate is long gone.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

They're still recommended for public transport, I think. So yeah.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

I guess I should mention that they are still required in the US from the moment you enter an airport to the moment you exit the airport at your destination.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Just got the email we're not required to wear masks in our office as of tomorrow.

Nice of them to give us so much warning.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 03:57:12 PM
Just got the email we're not required to wear masks in our office as of tomorrow.

Why? Delta variant?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

I'm shocked so many voted no here. Its an obvious yes for me.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 03:57:55 PM

Why? Delta variant?

Why what?

I just meant the province (for whom I work) announced 2 weeks ago that the overall provincial mask mandate would be gone as of July 1 (which is Canada Day of course).  But that only covers people in public places.  As an employer it's up to them what we do with masks.  They managed to wait until June 30 before announcing what happened in our workplace.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 04:05:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 03:57:55 PM

Why? Delta variant?

Why what?

I just meant the province (for whom I work) announced 2 weeks ago that the overall provincial mask mandate would be gone as of July 1 (which is Canada Day of course).  But that only covers people in public places.  As an employer it's up to them what we do with masks.  They managed to wait until June 30 before announcing what happened in our workplace.

Oh whoops. I misread your post and thought you said you were required.

Sorry.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 30, 2021, 04:03:31 PM
I'm shocked so many voted no here. Its an obvious yes for me.

I mean I am vaccinated and there are very few new cases around here. Am I supposed to wear it forever?

Monoriu

Of course.  In Hong Kong, everybody wears a mask.  It is also a legal requirement.  But this is actually bottom up.  Even if there is no legal requirement, people will wear masks, and will make everybody wear masks.  The legal requirement is there as a result of popular demand.  It is to provide the legal backing needed for most people to make the very small number of people who refuse to wear masks to wear masks.