And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy thanksgiving, everyone!

Started by merithyn, November 24, 2009, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

@spiess: good, good.  Destroy your mother's psýche.  I approve of this course of action. :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2009, 05:09:46 PM
@spiess: good, good.  Destroy your mother's psýche.  I approve of this course of action. :menace:

We all walk on eggshells with her whenever she does something like this, but this time I couldn't keep quiet. 

And my wife may have instigated a bit :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

If you was my kids, I would have kicked your asses.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Malthus on November 27, 2009, 04:58:57 PM
No wonder Americans have an issue with obesity.  :D

Yeah, it's 'cause we're good-hearted, friendly folk, unlike you foreign assholes.  :D

merithyn

Okay. Home again after a three days of drinking with the family. (Technically, we got back four hours ago, but I had to go to work as soon as I got back.)

Yi, again, I apologize for the drunk call on Wednesday, though it all worked out. (The pizza was wonderful, and consensus from the boys is that "he's pretty cool" and "knows what he's talking about".)

We had our traditional meal of: roasted turkey, sage stuffing, greenbean casserole, scalloped corn, scalloped oysters, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (though no marshmallows :mad:), gravy, cranberries (homemade, Ed; no canned shit for me), and rolls. Dessert included six pumpkin pies, apple pie, blueberry pie, cherry pie, toffee, and some kind of layered jello thing my sister's friend brought over.

Weight Watchers be damned this week. Next week will be spent living on the treadmill.  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Faeelin

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2009, 03:58:45 PM
Wife felt bad for me, so she's doing an entire Turkey dinner tomorrow just for me :wub:

You owe her big.

Cecil

Talked to a guy owning a turkey shop here in Stockholm and he had quite a few expats coming through for their thanksgiving stuff. I was surprised however that he mentioned that quite a few englishmen not just americans were among them. Didnt know thanksgiving was bbig in the UK.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on November 28, 2009, 01:15:45 AM
Okay. Home again after a three days of drinking with the family. (Technically, we got back four hours ago, but I had to go to work as soon as I got back.)

Yi, again, I apologize for the drunk call on Wednesday, though it all worked out. (The pizza was wonderful, and consensus from the boys is that "he's pretty cool" and "knows what he's talking about".)

We had our traditional meal of: roasted turkey, sage stuffing, greenbean casserole, scalloped corn, scalloped oysters, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (though no marshmallows :mad:), gravy, cranberries (homemade, Ed; no canned shit for me), and rolls. Dessert included six pumpkin pies, apple pie, blueberry pie, cherry pie, toffee, and some kind of layered jello thing my sister's friend brought over.

Weight Watchers be damned this week. Next week will be spent living on the treadmill.  <_<
I was very impressed with the lads as well.  They growds up very nicely.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!