News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2021 Languish Pickem Pool

Started by Liep, June 10, 2021, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I really respect Tamas having such confidence in Hungary. But even in his wildest enthusiasm he only predicted a draw.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Congrats to Shelf on getting his first point. :cheers:

Sheilbh

:w00t: Like 9 year old Theo Walcott at the 2006 World Cup, just here for the experience :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

Valmy, Grey Fox and I on top of the pool tonight.

Champions du Monde, Champions du Monde, Champions, Champions, Champions du Monde :frog:

HVC

The greater the height the greater the fall!

:P but I think France will take it home.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Cracked the top 10. And Yi's on a roll :cheers:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

See in my ignorance I did not realize Turkey is a steaming pile of goat feces.

Somehow 3 million Welsh could find 11 men better at soccer than 85 million Turks could.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2021, 11:45:01 AM
See in my ignorance I did not realize Turkey is a steaming pile of goat feces.

Somehow 3 million Welsh could find 11 men better at soccer than 85 million Turks could.

It's 2016 again for the Turks. Playing almost at home, Baku, it's even more embarrassing.

Admiral Yi

Sheilbh

It was somewhat lucky but Wales got to the semis in 2016. They have a lot of very decent players - Bale, Ramsey, James etc.

Turkey were lots of people's dark horses - and Ukraine - as they had quite a young team (except for Yilmaz) that's played really well in all the recent qualifiers. But they just seem a lot more cautious than expected. It's understandable against Italy, but I feel like they should be pushing and trying to break a lot more against Wales :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

This is turning out to be quite the chalky day.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2021, 03:26:10 PM
This is turning out to be quite the chalky day.

Only to Nostradamus like figures like you. How is Wales crushing Turkey chalk?

Grey Fox

It's not blue bloods chalky like Duke getting to the Elite8 but still Wales is world ranked at 17 with proven goal scorers on the team and Turkey is 29 with nothing but young Players that are underperforming while away from their European superstars propping them up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on June 16, 2021, 10:17:12 AM
Cracked the top 10. And Yi's on a roll :cheers:

Well, Yi being the only one to predict a tie between Italy and Switzerland was ballsy as hell as well.

Duque de Bragança

Well, Maladict must have been sleeping or busy, so he missed a somewhat easy prediction, though a tie was predicted by more than a couple of people.