News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2021 Languish Pickem Pool

Started by Liep, June 10, 2021, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

It's about the whole pipeline of kids programs, schools, local clubs and so on that nurture talent.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 22, 2021, 08:57:40 AM
I did not pick Russia. Russia sucks.

I had thought Russia was half-way decent.  Not the absolute top, but pretty good.  Same thing for Turkey.  I guess I was wrong.

But I realized - remember how I said the last Euro I paid attention to was in 2008?  I just checked - yup both Russia and Turkey made it to the semi-finals (although both lost).

:blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Duque de Bragança

Nobody sees la Roja losing and all but one see it winning.

Zoupa

Yi is now in front of me  :mad:

Gonna have to gamble and hope for some upsets in the knock-out rounds. The pool doesn't reset after group matches does it?

Josephus

I had picked Portugal and France to tie. Now, 10 minutes before game start, I switched to a France win. Let's see what that does.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Quote from: Josephus on June 23, 2021, 01:49:19 PM
I had picked Portugal and France to tie. Now, 10 minutes before game start, I switched to a France win. Let's see what that does.

The only last-minute change I have made so far was changing a Poland-Spain draw to a Spanish win, so I am done with these. :P

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2021, 01:51:47 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 23, 2021, 01:49:19 PM

The only last-minute change I have made so far was changing a Poland-Spain draw to a Spanish win, so I am done with these. :P

yeah, not working for me so far. 1-1 at halftime.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Josephus

Should have stuck with my original pics...oh well.
Civis Romanus Sum

Tamas

Valmy, an American, in first spot? Shame on all of us.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on June 24, 2021, 03:18:34 AM

Soon America will win the World Cup as well, and y'all will have to find a new sport to watch  :menace:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Threviel

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 24, 2021, 04:32:01 AM

Soon America will win the World Cup as well, and y'all will have to find a new sport to watch  :menace:

Americans have been quite successful and have won many world cups.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Threviel on June 24, 2021, 05:01:17 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 24, 2021, 04:32:01 AM

Americans have been quite successful and have won many world cups.

Valmy the Texan?
Well, Texas was Spanish and Mexican, countries where association football is extremely popular.   :D

End the CONCACAF farce and merge it with CONMEBOL!

At last, Copa América would have a qualifying phase.

Agelastus

Well, one of the round of 16 picks definitely had to be a case of head over heart. :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."