News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2021 Languish Pickem Pool

Started by Liep, June 10, 2021, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

:osama:, :pope:, :swiss:, :scots:, :uffda:, :frog:, or :bowler:?

Only 6 users so far. Surely there are more who wants to seek a glorious win over their fellow Languishites?

Join here:

https://www.pooltracker.com/join.asp?poolid=187405
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

I have made a series of poorly informed picks. :yeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Done.

My apologies to all the national teams I jinxed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2021, 03:16:45 PM

I made my picks based solely on past reputation even though I know for a fact that in many cases those reputations do not currently apply. :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2021, 03:29:41 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2021, 03:16:45 PM

I made my picks based solely on past reputation even though I know for a fact that in many cases those reputations do not currently apply. :lol:

Because I was in Europe in 2008 while it was going on, I paid some attention to Euro 2008 - also the last time I paid attention to a Euro tournament.

So my picks are based on what I remember about who was good 13 years ago.  :lol:  Plus I picked Ukraine to win out - but it seems like a weak-ish group.

Having Portugal, France and Germany in one group doesn't quite seem fair though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2021, 03:33:41 PM

Because I was in Europe in 2008 while it was going on, I paid some attention to Euro 2008 - also the last time I paid attention to a Euro tournament.

So my picks are based on what I remember about who was good 13 years ago.  :lol:

Isn't it pretty much the same though? The Dutch are a bit worse and the Belgians a bit better.

:P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Having Portugal, France and Germany in one group doesn't quite seem fair though.

A death group was pretty much the rule before 2016, though.

Sheilbh

Signed up but will complete when I'm back home.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on June 10, 2021, 03:49:05 PM

So my picks are based on what I remember about who was good 13 years ago.  :lol:

Isn't it pretty much the same though? The Dutch are a bit worse and the Belgians a bit better.

:P

I was under the impression the Germans and the Spanish are currently a shadow of their past selves.

I guess we shall see.

Valmy

Make sure to keep us updated when it is time to fill out Stage 2. Even for those of us following the tournament that can sneak up on us.

Grey Fox

My god that was a lot of ads.

I also made poorly informed picks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

I will definitely win this pool.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Admiral Yi

Josephus

Dont forget you can change your picks before each game.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011