And we're back!

Main Menu

UFOs are real and they're spectacular

Started by FunkMonk, May 17, 2021, 06:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

The camera footage is amazing  :ph34r: :cthulu:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-military-intelligence-60-minutes-2021-05-16/

QuoteWe have tackled many strange stories on 60 Minutes, but perhaps none like this. It's the story of the U.S. government's grudging acknowledgment of unidentified aerial phenomena— UAP—more commonly known as UFOs. After decades of public denial the Pentagon now admits there's something out there, and the U.S. Senate wants to know what it is. The intelligence committee has ordered the director of national intelligence and the secretary of defense to deliver a report on the mysterious sightings by next month.

Bill Whitaker: So what you are telling me is that UFOs, unidentified flying objects, are real?

Lue Elizondo: Bill, I think we're beyond that already. The government has already stated for the record that they're real. I'm not telling you that. The United States government is telling you that.

QuoteLue Elizondo: Imagine a technology that can do 6-to-700 g-forces, that can fly at 13,000 miles an hour, that can evade radar and that can fly through air and water and possibly space. And oh, by the way, has no obvious signs of propulsion, no wings, no control surfaces and yet still can defy the natural effects of Earth's gravity. That's precisely what we're seeing. 

Mulder was right all along and we just laughed at him every week for years.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

I always believed that there may be some flying objects out there that people observing them fail to identify.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

We do it with people. If anything I'm being egalitarian by including aliens :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

I've seen UFO in the sense I have looked up and saw something in the sky that I could not identify.  It was one of those classic UFO that looked like a silver cigar. I thought it might be a mirage or a hot air balloon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 17, 2021, 06:35:50 AM

QuoteLue Elizondo: Imagine a technology that can do 6-to-700 g-forces, that can fly at 13,000 miles an hour, that can evade radar and that can fly through air and water and possibly space. And oh, by the way, has no obvious signs of propulsion, no wings, no control surfaces and yet still can defy the natural effects of Earth's gravity. That's precisely what we're seeing. 

How does he knows it's a technology? He's hiding something :tinfoil:

Mulder was right all along and we just laughed at him every week for years.

If this guy had shown up for the Mulder casting he would have been soundly rejected. Turns out he's the real thing  :lol:

Berkut

I wonder how people would actually react if anyone actually believed this had any chance of being something extraterrestrial...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

I wanna believe but it's always these far-off, low-res, shit videos of these UFOs on a planet that's covered in HD cameras. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

They have positively identified UFOs?

The Brain

I'm sure the Guardians of the Space Force can use some extra funding. If blurry videos is the price to pay then so be it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2021, 10:03:23 AM

If they had, they'd just be FOs, wouldn't they?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2021, 09:43:55 AM
I wonder how people would actually react if anyone actually believed this had any chance of being something extraterrestrial...
I feel like we'd move on pretty quickly unless there was more detail - because I think we are all terrified by the unknown/unknowable.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2021, 10:15:32 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2021, 10:03:23 AM

If they had, they'd just be FOs, wouldn't they?

IFO is the technical term.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned