Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2021, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2021, 10:15:32 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2021, 10:03:23 AM
They have positively identified UFOs?

If they had, they'd just be FOs, wouldn't they?

IFO is the technical term.

IFXs if they indentify as non-binary.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2021, 09:43:55 AM
I wonder how people would actually react if anyone actually believed this had any chance of being something extraterrestrial...

The military would get quite a bit more funding.  So would NASA.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on May 17, 2021, 11:33:59 AM
I wonder how people would actually react if anyone actually believed this had any chance of being something extraterrestrial...

The military would get quite a bit more funding.  So would NASA.
The Space Force has lost its commander, sadly.  Not a coincidence that it happens just as we hear about alien invasions!  They're here and they've infiltrated the US gov already!  :ph34r:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

I would say, statistically speaking, these sightings are most likely time travelers from our distant future delicately setting up the timeline that leads to our future selves eventually inventing time travel so they could go back in time and delicately set up their timeline.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 17, 2021, 01:22:30 PM

I would say, statistically speaking, these sightings are most likely time travelers from our distant future delicately setting up the timeline that leads to our future selves eventually inventing time travel so they could go back in time and delicately set up their timeline.

So what you're saying is that time travelers from the future are paving the way for the Trumpenreich.

Maybe we would have been better off with SkyNet. :hmm:

The Brain

Time travellers from the past seems more probable. It's likely easier to travel "downtime".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 17, 2021, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 17, 2021, 01:22:30 PM

So what you're saying is that time travelers from the future are paving the way for the Trumpenreich.

Maybe we would have been better off with SkyNet. :hmm:

Faced with two terrible choices, they made the worst one possible.  At least Sarah Conners could stop SkyNet.

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on May 17, 2021, 03:32:58 PM
Time travellers from the past seems more probable. It's likely easier to travel "downtime".
according to the highly scientifically accurate "Time Cop", you can't travel into the future because it's not been created yet.  I don't think Hollywood would get science that wrong.  :hmm: [/i]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maximus

Going downtime there are infinite possible branchings to navigate. Going uptime there is only one.

mongers

I went into the garden to see the ISS pass over at 00.16 BST, as it was appearing in the Western Sky I saw a meteor trail, but the bright streak persisted....

Gradually a line of white points of light appeared, kept pace with the ISS and got brighter as they flew overhead, there must have been two or three dozen lights space out irregularly in a long train across the sky. 

I guessed what it was, one of Space X satellite trains, possible the lot launched a couple of days ago, but still an almost a sci-fi like apparition and cool as hell.  :cool:

Not seen that before, is it relatively uncommon, has anyone else seen one?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on May 17, 2021, 08:33:19 PM
I went into the garden to see the ISS pass over at 00.16 BST, as it was appearing in the Western Sky I saw a meteor trail, but the bright streak persisted....

Gradually a line of white points of light appeared, kept pace with the ISS and got brighter as they flew overhead, there must have been two or three dozen lights space out irregularly in a long train across the sky. 

I guessed what it was, one of Space X satellite trains, possible the lot launched a couple of days ago, but still an almost a sci-fi like apparition and cool as hell.  :cool:

Not seen that before, is it relatively uncommon, has anyone else seen one?

Nice!

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 18, 2021, 01:51:27 AM
Quote from: celedhring on May 17, 2021, 10:39:06 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2021, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2021, 10:15:32 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2021, 10:03:23 AM
They have positively identified UFOs?

If they had, they'd just be FOs, wouldn't they?

IFO is the technical term.

IFXs if they indentify as non-binary.

Strange play

He is Spanish. They tend to be salty about English speakers fixing their inferior sexist language.

Though I don't think "object" is really a gendered word.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Yeah, it was a play on changing "O" to "X" as neutral gender.