And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2021, 08:11:19 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2021, 07:57:49 AM
Is there something left to sell out for cheap to the Chinese or Russians, so Orban needs a diversion or not? Covid cases rising?

"Elections" next year and the opposition had the initiative with their clever fight against the elite Chinese state university be given ground in Budapest originally meant for student housing. And with no Arabs coming through the southern border, a different minority to be picked on had to be found.

Makes sense, and since the other party is more than willing to play the useful idiot without consideration for the bigger picture, it might work.

Sheilbh

Query - does the media in your country constantly compare current players to former players (in a "X as the new Y")?
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Bukayo Saka is so fun and joyful to watch. How he came from Arsenal I'll never know :lol: :P
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 22, 2021, 02:22:43 PM
Bukayo Saka is so fun and joyful to watch. How he came from Arsenal I'll never know :lol: :P

Last season was his breakout and this past season he was player of the season. He plays with such intelligence and verve and he makes everyone else around him better. He's easily the brightest light to come out of the academy since Wilshire. Absolutely love him. Hopefully he doesn't end up like Jack, though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

That said, I can't quite root for England. Kane just seems like a despicable human being  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 22, 2021, 01:44:56 PM
Query - does the media in your country constantly compare current players to former players (in a "X as the new Y")?

Happens in most countries I'd say.

Sheilbh

Huh. Interesting.

Given he is likely to be the Premier League highest ever goal scorer I find him very, very bland. He just has a sort of WW1 junior officer about to go over the top vibe - it's weird.

As I say I generally find this English team weirdly likeable - especially for someone who remembers the "Golden Generation" :bleeding:

Possible exceptions are Pickford and Maguire <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Booing in Wembley since Scotland scored and tied with Croatia. :lol:

HVC

god damn you Scotland
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 22, 2021, 02:40:54 PM
Huh. Interesting.

Given he is likely to be the Premier League highest ever goal scorer I find him very, very bland. He just has a sort of WW1 junior officer about to go over the top vibe - it's weird.

As I say I generally find this English team weirdly likeable - especially for someone who remembers the "Golden Generation" :bleeding:

Possible exceptions are Pickford and Maguire <_<

I fully admit a lot of my dislike for Kane comes from being an Arsenal fan :D

Maladict

Scotland and Croatia must not tie.

Barrister

Quote from: Maladict on June 22, 2021, 03:05:00 PM
Scotland and Croatia must not tie.

They must - for I have picked that result.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

2-1 for Croatia vs Scotland now.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch