News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Hungarians I've met certainly seemed to be pretty normal well-adjusted western people.
I gather they (and Poland) have similar problems to the UK with a stark break between the 'left behind' people who have given up on ever improving their lives and those seeking to engage with the world.
Glad to see Hungarians in the public eye not being afraid of speaking out though.

UEFA/FIFA are a shit-show. This fact has been kind of on hold for a few years though. It was quite high in the press not so long ago I recall.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah the example that's given is that UEFA literally launched their announcements in the run-up to Euro 2020 (back in the before times of 2019) with tweets including a rainbow emoji and how important it is that everyone can enjoy the game.

You can't have it so anti-homophobia or anti-racism are fine when they're non-political. But if there are people doing homophobia or racism, you then can't make anti-homophobic/racist statement because it's suddenly "political" :bleeding: :ultra:

UEFA and FIFA and international sports administrators (and normally national sports administrators too) are just enraging :lol: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I am lucky I can watch the Hungary matches on British TV and ignore the politics, back home the pro-government media especially the more political shows/papers are busy attributing the grand success of not losing to France to the great efforts of Orban.

And then there are these aholes above just making it very hard to enjoy the team. I am starting to hope that if we have to lose today let us lose bigly - put these people in their place.

Then again I am also hoping for a miracle win.  :Embarrass:

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2021, 09:54:10 AM
I am lucky I can watch the Hungary matches on British TV and ignore the politics, back home the pro-government media especially the more political shows/papers are busy attributing the grand success of not losing to France to the great efforts of Orban.

And then there are these aholes above just making it very hard to enjoy the team. I am starting to hope that if we have to lose today let us lose bigly - put these people in their place.

Then again I am also hoping for a miracle win.  :Embarrass:
Thats how I am approaching England matches these days.
England win- the England team are happy. Some great guys there.
England lose- the England fans are unhappy. Wonderful.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Interesting tidbit: apparently this is the first time Germany and Hungary facing each other in a competition match since the 1954 World Cup final; there were otherwise only friendlies since then. :o

https://www.11v11.com/teams/germany/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Hungary/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Poland must not win.
Spain must not tie, or win by 4-3.
That is all.

Sheilbh

I had Spain drawing in my picks but do think they'll win just because this can't be like their first two games - right? :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2021, 10:10:09 AM
Interesting tidbit: apparently this is the first time Germany and Hungary facing each other in a competition match since the 1954 World Cup final; there were otherwise only friendlies since then. :o

https://www.11v11.com/teams/germany/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Hungary/

:blush:

I am afraid I can't hope for a Pervitin revenge, this time.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 23, 2021, 10:48:41 AM
Poland must not win.
Spain must not tie, or win by 4-3.
That is all.
:lol:

Duque de Bragança

One more failed penalty for la Roja and Morata.  :hmm:

HVC

if the summer heat in europe is getting to the players how they gonna handle playing in the middle east?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Original OG. I guess Spain needed some luck.

Poor Slovak keeper, penalty saved and now that.

Sweden 1 Poland 0 Unlucky Poland already hit the bar twice.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on June 23, 2021, 11:27:40 AM
if the summer heat in europe is getting to the players how they gonna handle playing in the middle east?

They will play in winter.

FunkMonk

I'm sorry, I really feel for goalkeepers when they make mistakes but LOOOOOL  :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 23, 2021, 11:32:04 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 23, 2021, 11:27:40 AM

They will play in winter.

i just assumed it'd still be hotter haha
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.