News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Yeah, really weird it went ahead. Can't expect the Danes to have had their head in the game at all.
Had they gotten news he was OK yet?
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2021, 04:15:29 PM
Yeah, really weird it went ahead. Can't expect the Danes to have had their head in the game at all.

From what I've heard it was Eriksen himself telling the team to finish the match.

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2021, 04:15:29 PM

Yes, he Facetimed with the team from the hospital, told them he was ok and asked them to play the rest of the game.

bogh

Players were given the choice of either playing tonight or tomorrow morning before 12 and so picked the former.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on June 12, 2021, 02:10:12 PM
Monumental error to play this game tonight.

I can understand wanting to play on, yeah, but I think they should have waited a day.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

So... England starts two right backs and no left back?  :hmm:

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on June 13, 2021, 07:05:22 AM

that's England for you.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on June 13, 2021, 07:36:44 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 13, 2021, 07:05:22 AM

that's England for you.

Does not seem to harm them, for now.

Duque de Bragança

Well, the worst was not over for Croatia, 1st 20 mins of the first half, 1-0 for England when Croatia was starting to slow the game.

Tamas

BBC pundits show the enthusiasm and praise that's mandatory after every non-terrible England performance but I have seen little to be overly optimistic about. Croatia was weak and yet it was a fairly boring 1-0.

Sheilbh

Didn't see the game as I was travelling - but just wanted to say how glad I am Eriksen appears to be okay. I was watching that game and it was traumatic to see.

Really horrendous. Although the Danish players shielding him and the Finnish fans chanting "Christian" with the Danish fans responding "Eriksen" were really moving
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Really nice Austrian goal
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Macedonian goal is less orthodox but valid too.  :P

More entertaining than the England v Croatia game.

Duque de Bragança

Pleasant game. A bit cruel for the Macedonians, but the Austrian victory seems deserved despite some fumbling.

HVC

Yeah Austria started off a bit awkward in the offensive zone, but deserved the win.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.