News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I'm watching on TSN, and they seem to be in the tank for England in their pre-game coverage.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2021, 01:47:56 PM
I'm watching on TSN, and they seem to be in the tank for England in their pre-game coverage.

IIRC, that's where the usual soccer analysts are from.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

It's the fist time I've seen a little remote controlled car delivering the ball :D

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2021, 02:01:12 PM
It's the fist time I've seen a little remote controlled car delivering the ball :D

:lol:

Only happens every game of this tournament.

Threviel

Keep quiet, Denmark just scored a nice freekick goal.

Threviel

My wife toasted with the Gammel Dansk, but I stoichally refused.

The Larch

It's a gimmick for the tournament because Volkswagen is one of the sponsors. You can follow it on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TinyFootballCar).  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 07, 2021, 02:32:31 PM
:lol:

Only happens every game of this tournament.

First time I started watching from the beginning, I guess. The price of watching while I'm working.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 07, 2021, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2021, 01:47:56 PM

IIRC, that's where the usual soccer analysts are from.

Actually one's a Scot, the other an Irish dude  :P
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on July 07, 2021, 02:43:19 PM

It's a gimmick for the tournament because Volkswagen is one of the sponsors. You can follow it on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TinyFootballCar).  :lol:
I thought it was because covid :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I had totally never noticed that. Itv always has ads before kickoff and on bbc they're usually talking till the last moment.
Money well spent VW
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Is it common for a ref to tell VAR to fuck off before even seeing what he possibly missed?

Jacob

Not liking this very much right now.

Threviel

Quote from: DGuller on July 07, 2021, 03:32:19 PM
Is it common for a ref to tell VAR to fuck off before even seeing what he possibly missed?

Yeah, happens alot when the ref feels he saw exactly what happened and that he doesn't need help.

DGuller

Quote from: Threviel on July 07, 2021, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 07, 2021, 03:32:19 PM

Yeah, happens alot when the ref feels he saw exactly what happened and that he doesn't need help.
Seems strange to me.  If someone's on my ear hinting to me that I missed something, I'd rather question myself than make a bad call that decides the game.  I imagine the VAR crew wouldn't be heard from unless they really see things otherwise.  That no-call on the penalty was a bad call, wasn't it?

Threviel

Perhaps. Bad ref calls is a part of the game that I want to keep, up to a point.