News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Unless the ref saw that by letter of the law it was barely a penalty, but didn't want to decide a game on a very marginal penalty, so it's easier to no-call when you don't see the replay three times.

Threviel

Refereeing is not a exact science, some leeway for the ref is necessary and good.

But often the rules are relatively complex, what might seem like a penalty might no be because of details in the rules. Accidental hands is a penalty, unless the player is falling and the hand is used to catch the fall for example.

DGuller

Accidental hand penalty seems to be the one downside of VAR to me.  The punishment seems way too harsh compared to the offense, and VAR makes the enforcement of that bad rule overly effective.

HVC

Feel bad for that English player that fell head first into a can of white paint.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Ehhh don't know about the call. Let's see the replay
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Jacob

Yeah, England has this.

FunkMonk

oh my god it's coming home  :Embarrass:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Threviel

One thing to remember with VAR in this competition is that if VAR can corraborate the ref it will not go against him.

And fuck.  :bowler:

DGuller

It feels cheap to be allowed to score on the rebound.  The penalty kick itself is usually a disproportionate enough punishment, having a second shot an empty goal is too much.

Josquius

I hadn't noticed just how many subs they're allowed this tournament. Madness.

The kane penalty shout earlier was 50-50 and went Denmarks way so only fair this one goes England's way.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Not sure about the penalty but it's done. Danes were logically waiting for the shootout.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2021, 04:14:18 PM
I hadn't noticed just how many subs they're allowed this tournament. Madness.

The kane penalty shout earlier was 50-50 and went Denmarks way so only fair this one goes England's way.

One more substitution allowed during extra time.

Maladict

England in the final....this is intolerable.

Jacob

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 07, 2021, 04:15:28 PM
Not sure about the penalty but it's done. Danes were logically waiting for the shootout.

Agreed on both counts.