News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 03, 2021, 01:45:58 PM
According to - I think DW Sport - reports UEFA also refused to display the rainbow ads in Russia or Baku. You know they take something seriously when they're even turning down commercial partners/sponsors <_<

Some sponsors reportedly said they'd switch back to their regular logos "because June is over." VW supposedly wanted to stick with rainbow colors, but were forbidden to do so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Even though I picked England to win I'm still disappointed lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

I don't hate this and haven't yet shouted at my TV to bring on Rashford/Grealish/Foden/Bellingham - which is progress on the previous games :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

I agree with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/football_mumble/status/1411369497299197957?s=20

"Hang Joakim Mæhle's assist in the Louvre... #CZEDEN"

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Threviel

Perhaps Karsten Torebjer saw the wrong game in his crystal ball.

Threviel

It's very strange to see a realistic England playing to their capabilities and not self-image. Perhaps England would have a few more tournament wins if they had done so earlier.

Sheilbh

Solid.

And pleased Luke Shaw has had a good tournament because I think probably about once a week about the time his boss publicly called him fat :ph34r: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 03, 2021, 01:32:31 PM
Quote from: Threviel on July 03, 2021, 01:29:01 PM
The good thing with England is that they have the best anthem.
World in Motion by New Order? Agreed :P

John Barnes is the true father of rap.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Ukraine is completely checked out of the game already.

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on July 03, 2021, 03:12:05 PM
It's very strange to see a realistic England playing to their capabilities and not self-image. Perhaps England would have a few more tournament wins if they had done so earlier.

Yeah good point.

Easily the most likeable England team I remember.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on July 03, 2021, 03:13:34 PM

He was performing it live at the Croydon Boxpark during the Germany game :lol:

Feeling things I've never really felt watching England before - like confidence, hope, calm. It's very strange :blink:

And just to think none of this would be happening if Sam Allardyce hadn't been filmed being corrupt over a pint of wine. A really weird sliding doors moment.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 03, 2021, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 03, 2021, 03:13:34 PM

And just to think none of this would be happening if Sam Allardyce hadn't been filmed being corrupt over a pint of wine. A really weird sliding doors moment.

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

If only they'd never hired allardyce to begin with. Sunderland would still have a football team 😔
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on July 03, 2021, 03:25:28 PMEasily the most likeable England team I remember.
100% - I can't think of an England I've liked before (even if some of those players have grown on me as pundits/commentators/managers). They are nice young men - who are thoughtful and sort of socially responsible (Sterling kicked off the conversation about racism in football in England, Marcus Rashford goes without saying, Henderson has repeatedly been a good LGBT ally etc) and open/with good emotional intelligence like seeing Pickford talk about how a sports psychologist has helped him.

The Guardian had a piece on it:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/03/how-england-players-went-from-being-targets-of-boo-boys-to-likable-lads

And I think Southgate is absolutely key to this - as I say, imagine if Allardyce were in charge of this lot with all of his toxicness (not just toxic masculinity but definitely that) :(
Let's bomb Russia!