News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Southgate has a good rep in our household. It is pleasing to see a bunch of pleasant lads outperform less pleasing England teams from the past  :cool:

Jacob

So England - Denmark, with England having home advantage... :ph34r:

Barrister

I jinxed it.

I hadn't watched a single moment of the entire Euro.  Still haven't, but I listened on the radio to England-Ukraine.

:(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Just saw a nordic journo pointing out another unfair aspect of having the semis and final in Wembley with England in the tournament, and it is that no other country can have fans travelling to those games, so England is the only team that will have a supporting atmosphere.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

As a total aside I am particularly enjoying that this must be insufferable for all those bell-ends who ostentatiously announced they wouldn't be supporting England while they take a knee/heighten the contradictions :mmm: :lol:

Edit:
Southgate has a good rep in our household. It is pleasing to see a bunch of pleasant lads outperform less pleasing England teams from the past  :cool:
An example of Southgate - I saw in the interview he was asked a general question about the team and he named every player who hasn't any playing time and said how important they were to the squad's togetherness and culture. He's just great :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Bad day for the Slavic countries.  :(  I think Ukraine had a good chance to pull it off in the penalty shootout, if they just managed to score four equalizing goals.  I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Admiral Yi

To my amateurish eye the Uke goal keeper seemed like the weakest of the field.

Josquius

Pickford was having a weirdly bad game. Getting himself worked up over nothing.

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 03, 2021, 05:21:07 PM
As a total aside I am particularly enjoying that this must be insufferable for all those bell-ends who ostentatiously announced they wouldn't be supporting England while they take a knee/heighten the contradictions :mmm: :lol:

Edit

I'd like to think so.
Alas I suspect they are denying any knowledge of having said this and are insisting it's their boys winning and Proving Engerlaaand is the best.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

An England - Italy final would put me in quite the moral quandary.  <_<

Sheilbh

Re. likeability and a sort of post toxic masculinity football team - which I think just reflects the younger generation - it is crazy that England now associates a good tournament with inflatable unicorns and they're kind of a mascot :lol:

It is impossible to imagine the players even a decade ago embracing this sort of nonsense, but it's a thing since 2018.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

QuoteUEFA EURO 2020
@EURO2020
Who do you want to be crowned EURO 2020 winners?

https://twitter.com/EURO2020/status/1411631996913209349

How would a similar poll look on Languish?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

The standard issue bedroom poster for queer kids who like football?

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

:lol:

The internet is having so much fun with that picture.

Also the clip of Saka falling off the unicorn.

And on queer kids who like football - I hadn't noticed but Henderson scored his first England goal wearing rainbow laces, even though it was after Pride Month so I think lots of the other rainbows have gone. He seems to wear them fairly regularly beyond just the times when it's encouraged. So despite my natural views of a Liverpool captain, I think he's probably good :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 05, 2021, 04:47:40 AM
:lol:

The internet is having so much fun with that picture.

Also the clip of Saka falling off the unicorn.

And on queer kids who like football - I hadn't noticed but Henderson scored his first England goal wearing rainbow laces, even though it was after Pride Month so I think lots of the other rainbows have gone. He seems to wear them fairly regularly beyond just the times when it's encouraged. So despite my natural views of a Liverpool captain, I think he's probably good :P
I wonder if he's a superstitious man.
Say something nice to an LGBT person on twitter=score a goal.

Incidentally any idea why he's so stand out for LGBT rights? Any gay brothers or the like or just generally being a decent guy and landed on that cause?
██████
██████
██████