German Federal Election 2021 - Who will succeed Angela Merkel?

Started by Zanza, April 19, 2021, 10:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The top candidates of the seven parties in the current parliament

4 (12.1%)
17 (51.5%)
4 (12.1%)
3 (9.1%)
2 (6.1%)
2 (6.1%)
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Sheilbh

Just seen, I think, the first poll I remember with the SPD in the lead :o :ph34r: :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

I have not seen a poll with the SPD in the lead, but there are polls now showing both them and the Conservatives at 22%. Surprisingly, the election actually gets interesting now. However, there is sadly very little substantial debate in the election campaign so far.

Sheilbh

It also feels like it's only happening because German voters have flirted with and been disappointed by all the other candidates :lol:

But still the European social democratic fightback starts here! (maybe) :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 22, 2021, 04:09:16 AM
But still the European social democratic fightback starts here! (maybe) :w00t:

Make Europe Mediocre Again?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

The tone of this tweet ... err ...

"Our signal from Berlin: we're fighting, because we love Germany! And because we're fighting, we will triumph!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Does it come with a rousing score and magnificent Riefenstahlian cinematography?  :P

Zanza

Prognosis is now a head-to-head race. Map shows the 299 constituencies, pie chart in upper right shows the expected seats in parliament when considering party lists.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on August 25, 2021, 04:26:27 AM
Fucking Bavaria.

:lol:

Nice to see Franconians siding with "true" Bavarians.  :P
Lutheran/Catholic rift healed.  :D

The Larch

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on August 25, 2021, 07:14:34 AM
Bavaria, Europe's true one party state.

"Unfortunately", the enclaves of Munich and Nuremberg (!) somewhat resist.  :P

The Brain

Who are the current Electors? How many of them are clinically insane from inbreeding?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

So far, the Liberals say they do not want the "traffic light" of Social Democrats, Greens and Liberals. So even if the SPD would really win, it is not clear they could form a viable coalition. On the other hands the Greens flirted with a coalition with the Conservatives for a while, so "Jamaica" right now looks more likely. That said, the price of Jamaica could well be that it is not Laschet leading it, but Söder ("Shrek" in this poll).

Syt

Meanwhile, the AfD candidate in Berlin-Neukölln:

"Atatürk would vote for AfD"

Slogan at the bottom: "Germany. But normal."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

:wacko: What the ...

I guess Neukölln is one the most left constituencies in Germany, so I guess you can just try whatever.