News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on July 31, 2009, 02:42:46 PM
Quote from: ulmont on July 31, 2009, 02:41:55 PMI'm sincerely hoping he's using the word "fetish" loosely, and not saying he can't get it up without thinking of Persia or Tibet.
Given that it's Spellus, it's hard to tell.
You totally know he's done lines of coke modeled after Zoroastrian symbols off of a Persian girls ass.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2009, 02:46:59 PM

You totally know he's done lines of crack modeled after Zoroastrian symbols off of a Persian girls ass.

You know, that would be totally hott.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

You totally know he's done lines of crack modeled after Zoroastrian symbols off of a Persian girls ass.
I'd be shocked if Spellus has ever come anywhere near lines of coke (which I assume is what you meant when you said 'crack', which is smoked dude).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on July 31, 2009, 02:50:32 PM
I'd be shocked if Spellus has ever come anywhere near lines of coke (which I assume is what you meant when you said 'crack', which is smoked dude).
You're right, I don't know why I wrote that.

But hasn't Spellus admitted experimenting with coke?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2009, 03:33:48 PM

Could be.  For a while he displayed quite a bit of enthusiasm for illegal drugs.  <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 31, 2009, 03:41:09 PM

Could be.  For a while he displayed quite a bit of enthusiasm for illegal drugs.  <_<

That explains the 3rd graders robbing him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on July 31, 2009, 03:41:09 PM

Better Living Through Chemistry.

jimmy olsen

I am getting responses from my applications.

Westgate (Corporation that hires English teachers for Japanese Universities) said they are reviewing my application.

YBM (private korean school) seems very positive. As in send document xyz and in your in vibe.

Should I tell them I'm evaluating multiple offers? They don't need me to start until Sept 29th so I don't think it should be a problem.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 08:45:12 AM
Should I tell them I'm evaluating multiple offers?
I don't see why that would hurt.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 08:49:46 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 08:45:12 AM
Should I tell them I'm evaluating multiple offers?
I don't see why that would hurt.

Sound good?

I should note that I have sent out applications to multiple educational institutes in South Korea and Japan and others have responded favorably. I'm sure you understand that I wish to carefully way the options before me. The other institutions I've contacted have start dates similar to yours or even earlier and as such I expect it won't be too long before I can make a firm decision on which company to choose. If you have a deadline by which time I must make a decision, please contact me ASAP and I will take that into consideration.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Do you need to pay Korean AND US taxes?

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 09:52:08 AM
I've never signed a contract before. Seem standard?

http://www.ybmecc.co.kr/index.asp?sub1=sample

[Disclaimer]I know nothing of Korean employment law, so anything I say is not as a lawyer[/Disclaimer]

Check out the "EEC policies and regulations", incorporated by reference in subsection 6.3. If there is going to be a nasty surprise, that's where it will be, most likely.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 09:40:07 AM
I should note that I have sent out applications to multiple educational institutes in South Korea and Japan and others have responded favorably. I'm sure you understand that I wish to carefully way the options before me. The other institutions I've contacted have start dates similar to yours or even earlier and as such I expect it won't be too long before I can make a firm decision on which company to choose. If you have a deadline by which time I must make a decision, please contact me ASAP and I will take that into consideration.
Meigh want to fix that.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point