Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

The people so far have been very friendly.

The city was very modern, however the rural area I'm in is a bit run down and dirty, reminds me the Carolinas.  I like my apartment though and the school's new. I like my coworkers. The place is a mad house though, if this is typical of Korean schools, wow.

In class they're about the same or worse talking wise as back home, but there's a lot more physical contact and rough housing between students. There's a ten minute break between each period, which is way to long, and predictably leads to them running amok in the hallway yelling. They get an hour off for lunch and it's like Lord of the Flies out there. Not my problem  though so I don't care.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

QuoteIn class they're about the same or worse talking wise as back home, but there's a lot more physical contact and rough housing between students. There's a ten minute break between each period, which is way to long, and predictably leads to them running amok in the hallway yelling. They get an hour off for lunch and it's like Lord of the Flies out there. Not my problem  though so I don't care.

Yeah, that's all very true. :lol:
There's also all the hugging, sitting on each other's laps, and so on.
They're also all very dorky.

I just realized you'll be starting halfway through the second semester. That should be interesting!

QuoteThe place is a mad house though, if this is typical of Korean schools, wow.

If you mean chaotic between classes, or things being decided at the last minute, or them being unprepared for you, then yes, that's typical.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

He's alive! :w00t:
No...wait.....:unsure:

QuoteThe city was very modern, however the rural area I'm in is a bit run down and dirty, reminds me the Carolinas.  I like my apartment though and the school's new. I like my coworkers. The place is a mad house though, if this is typical of Korean schools, wow.
Your coworkers all speak English or is this just the other English teaching folk?
There's a lot of foreigners?
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 06, 2009, 11:19:36 PM
The city was very modern, however the rural area I'm in is a bit run down and dirty, reminds me the Carolinas.
<_<
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 07, 2009, 05:00:42 AM
He's alive! :w00t:
No...wait.....:unsure:

QuoteThe city was very modern, however the rural area I'm in is a bit run down and dirty, reminds me the Carolinas.  I like my apartment though and the school's new. I like my coworkers. The place is a mad house though, if this is typical of Korean schools, wow.
Your coworkers all speak English or is this just the other English teaching folk?
There's a lot of foreigners?

I mean the other English teachers. Mr. Han took me to a driving range, a restaruant and a pool hall last night.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

QuoteThey're also all very dorky.

Indeed, the dork factor is sky high. Subtelty in glasses design has not reached this side of the pacific.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 06, 2009, 06:26:00 PM
I'm here and my kidney's are still with me.

Please don't teach them your grammar.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PRC

Monoriu

The most important thing Tim can teach them is the confidence to speak English, and to speak it even if it means making mistakes.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on October 07, 2009, 09:15:30 PM
The most important thing Tim can teach them is the confidence to speak English, and to speak it even if it means making mistakes.
:face:  A rare Mono smackdown.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Monoriu on October 07, 2009, 09:15:30 PM

That was the hardest thing to do in Japan. They want so hard to do it right every time, they don't speak aloud nearly enough.
:p

Monoriu

The first post of this thread was dated 21 July, and at that time Tim had yet to make up his mind on this.  Less than 3 months later and he is already in South Korea.  I still can't believe he is doing this just to fulfill his "urge to see the world". 

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on October 08, 2009, 03:15:19 AM
The first post of this thread was dated 21 July, and at that time Tim had yet to make up his mind on this.  Less than 3 months later and he is already in South Korea.  I still can't believe he is doing this just to fulfill his "urge to see the world".
Shocking that the Chinese didn't circumnavigate the world back in the early 15th century when they had the means to do so. -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on October 08, 2009, 03:15:19 AM

I wonder what else languish can convince people to do....
██████
██████
██████