Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 12, 2009, 09:59:48 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on August 12, 2009, 09:35:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 12, 2009, 09:11:50 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 12, 2009, 09:01:20 PM
I can't believe this.  I thought you people are over there for the money.  Yet all you talk about is finding a girl.  *Sigh*

Anyone who went over to make money is crazy. Sure you can save some, but not enough to justify going overseas for. I'm going over for the yellow poontang.
Fixed.

Actually, I was dating a Korean-American for over a month before I came here.  :hide:

This is actually the most common type of dude teaching in Asia. :contract:
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2009, 08:37:31 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 22, 2009, 08:24:06 PM
You gotta save enough cash for a downpayment of a house back in the US.
Impossible, even if I wanted to. 

not if you stay longer. One year goes fast dude. trust me. I saved just 10,000 (incl leaving bonus) CAD (at a time when when the CAD/USD were close to par!) in 12 months without going without any luxuries or amenities. First two years I just blew all my money all the time, but I wanted to have a cushion when I went back...

Also there's taxes to think about if you just stay one year you have to pay US tax on yr income when you get back. stay longer it ceases to be an issue. Very important thing that fucks up a lot of people.

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2009, 09:06:16 PM

The only way I could save for the down payment for a house on the salary I'll be paid is if I don't spend any money on anything food included.

No one says you have to do it within one year. 

jimmy olsen

I leave tonight! :w00t:

If United Airlines #167 to LA or Asiana #203 to Seoul goes down in flames say a prayer for me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

We expect full reportage of the weirdness of Korea.

QuoteQuote from: jimmy olsen on August 12, 2009, 06:11:48 pm
    Bringing her back to my apartment is not recommended?
Only if you like being robbed.

That's a problem in Korea?
I've heard of that with Thailand, the Phillipines (a guy I know even got into a hostage situation via a girl in the Phillipines....) and other poorer parts of Asia but Korea?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2009, 11:34:46 AM

If United Airlines #167 to LA or Asiana #203 to Seoul goes down in flames say a prayer for me.

I'll try to get Truman to give you those nukes you asked for. The rivers wíll run red with yellow blood.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2009, 11:34:46 AM

You only have to worry about that if your airplane strays near Soviet Russian airspace.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Monoriu

Malthus

Good lord, Timmay's all grown up - and headed out.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

I strongly suggest a visit to a Seoul real estate agent.  At least an online one.  HK real estate prices was a huge motivator for me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Good luck Tim! Have fun storming the castle, and don't forget to write!   :)

Brazen

Some of you seem to have misread "Teaching English abroad" as "Teaching English to a broad". :P

BuddhaRhubarb

awesome. I look forward to hearing your adventures in cheap knockoff watch & bag land.