News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Stellar Languish

Started by Tamas, February 20, 2021, 01:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Helping the other 5 players out is really nice and will raise awareness of Chinese issues.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Alright everyone, I believe I have corrected everything and the latest file is now the correct game state EXCEPT that Berkut got screwed and without a mission now - will need to redraw, sorry Berkut, if you want to find the one you had I am sure we all trust you so go ahead when it is your turn.

And in the spirit of keeping all happenings posted in this thread, here is Celed's Japanese build phase of Turn 2. :P

2 LV1 rockets
2 LV2 rockert
1 Crewed Vehicle (he kept things turned on their reserve side so I can't read names)
2 Orbiters
1 Flyby

This spent all of Japan's budget for the 2030s.

Next one is Wag as Asia.

Wag, you need to do 2 things:
1. draw a mission
2. Build new units

ping me on Discord and I'll talk you through it.

celedhring

Oh, I did that to check the costs. It's the IJN JS Seishing, a CV2

Tamas

I walked Waag through his Build phase to show the intricacies of Vassal and the game.

Asia built:
-Telescope
-Flyby
-Rover
-Probe
-2 LV1s
-1 LV2

That's all their robotic explorers available, BTW.

I have also uploaded a quick replay to add the Russian base - I did that already but then skipped redoing it when I made my earlier fix. :D We should be good now.

Berkut is up for China's build phase.

Berkut

Done.

I built a Orbiter, Prove, CV2, and a couple LVs to blow them all up.

Not sure who is next, but someone is!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Crazy Canuck is up next with Build phase for Europe.

It's worth highlighting that Europe is one of those factions whose CVs can't yet leave Earth orbit and won't be able to research how to do so until start of the next decade. So although Europe has an excellent exploration CV2, it may not be a good investment this decade, as all they could do is go Earth orbit and research Biology there. Plenty of REs to build, though.

Berkut

What would be the point in building a base at the moon instead of earth orbit? Or the NEAs for that matter?

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 29, 2021, 01:40:22 PM
What would be the point in building a base at the moon instead of earth orbit? Or the NEAs for that matter?

Mining or research. Once a Depletion lets us place a World Card on them they might become valuable for either or both. Or they remain duds. Will see. But in terms of resupplying CVs you are right it doesn't make practical difference where you put them between a main world and its satellites.

Berkut

OK, that makes sense - right now we simply don't know.

0 rows returned

Berkut

This game is going to die soon at this pace.

0 rows returned

Tamas

CC will be jumping on Discord today so I can help him through the build phase if he gets stuck.

But I agree we will need to improve the speed.

Tamas

Helped out CC with Europe's build phase:

2 LV1 rocket
1 LV2 rocket
1 telescope
1 rover
1 orbiter

$10 remains in their budget.

Russia is next.

Habbaku

The proud Russian Federation purchased significant quantities of stuff to resupply our space base and expand outwards.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

North America bought:

1 LV1
1 LV2
1 Rover
1 Probe
1 Orbiter

I have done the start of the movement phase, and once again I used my 1st initiative position to jump ahead and do the North American moves as well. I tried to do it in a detailed way so do run the replay of the turn if you want some pointers on what to do. If you can't find something, right-click. :)

The American Crewed Vehicle stayed on Mars, while the Rover and the Probe got launched toward Jupiter by the LV2, which was also successfully recovered after launch.

The LV1 launched the Orbiter toward the Main Asteroid Belt successfully, but recovery of the rocket failed.

South America (grumbler) is next.

grumbler

ASA launched its Ptolemy satellite, using up a LV1, and its Empressa CV2, using up an LV2.

Looking at the vlog, I apparently stopped the log before destroying the LV2 (it's still sitting on the launch pad).  Ignore it; it's gone.

Japan, I believe, is up next.   Bonsai!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!