Betting Pool on Senate Votes to Convict

Started by Admiral Yi, January 13, 2021, 09:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

I think 67+ is a real possibility.  It's not out of the question that we'll have another clashes on 17th, this time much bloodier, and also as soon as Trump is completely not relevant, the details of the depths of his depravity will just keep gushing out.  I think a lot of Republican Senators will be shocked to hear about all that.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

53-54.

They can't let trumpism die, it'll be too useful come 2022 and 2024.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Incidentally are the newly elected senators now sworn in or is this and the House the last lot?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 13, 2021, 11:54:06 PM
55 or 75, depending on McConnell.
I agree with Eddie. I don't think we'll see a vote in the high 50s or low 60s. We'll either see just a few votes or enough to convict.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I've read 20 republicans are open to it..
So I expect low 60s. Let's say 64
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I'd guess in the mid sixties. I think McConnell wants it done.
Let's bomb Russia!