News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on July 17, 2024, 05:14:20 PMBiden has COVID.  :hmm:

Are you sure? So many rumors flying around. First he has Parkinsons, now Covid?

Or does he have both  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

If he really has covid that's a perfect face saving reason to drop out.  :)

Sophie Scholl

You cannot see attachments on this board.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

What a bizarre time I live in. Well I hope he is just sick enough to drop out and then fully recovers so he has a relaxing retirement playing golf with Trump while somebody else is President.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

We're saved!!!  :yeah:

Maybe.  Hopefully.  Not resignedly.

Will be very interesting to watch the replacement play out. There has never been a smoke filled room brokered convention in my lifetime.

Admiral Yi

Man a lot of shit happening very quickly.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2024, 05:49:15 PMWill be very interesting to watch the replacement play out. There has never been a smoke filled room brokered convention in my lifetime.
We shall have to turn to grumbler for stories of how it felt.  :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2024, 05:49:15 PMWill be very interesting to watch the replacement play out. There has never been a smoke filled room brokered convention in my lifetime.
Obviously I think this should happen and is a good idea (I'm reasonably convinced by Harris now :lol: :ph34r:).

But I feel like the possibility of this type of convention always comes up at some stage in the primary - and I feel like it's entirely driven by this dynamic. Hacks who've never seen it desperate to cover one :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Youtube Historian Sean Munger has some amazing sections on National Conventions in his videos but the famous "doomed convention" for the Democrats in 1924 (exactly 100 years ago...that bodes well...) is one of the craziest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPORWowONV8

The Democrats do battle with the KKK and everybody losses. Well...except Calvin Coolidge and the Republicans.

Sheilbh

I'd love to see a proper convention that mattered. It didn't for Presidential purposes but Robert Caro's description of 1948 makes it sound incredible.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Incidental from ABC Chief Washington correspondent. Conversations that should have happened when Biden indicated he'd stand for a second term - but welcome:
QuoteJonathan Karl
@jonkarl
I am told Chuck Schumer had a  blunt one-on-one conversation with Biden Saturday afternoon in Rehoboth. Schumer forcefully made the case that it would be best if Biden bowed out of the race.

Schumer's office wouldn't comment on the specifics of the conversation, telling me only, "Leader Schumer conveyed the views of his caucus."
Hakeem Jeffries has expressed a similar view to Biden, according to a source familiar.  A Jeffries spokesman tells me, "The letter sent by Leader Hakeem Jeffries to his House Democratic colleagues speaks for itself. It was a private conversation that will remain private."
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 17, 2024, 07:13:49 PMIncidental from ABC Chief Washington correspondent. Conversations that should have happened when Biden indicated he'd stand for a second term - but welcome:
QuoteJonathan Karl
@jonkarl
I am told Chuck Schumer had a  blunt one-on-one conversation with Biden Saturday afternoon in Rehoboth. Schumer forcefully made the case that it would be best if Biden bowed out of the race.

Sounds like the dems held an intervention, it didn't work and now they're leaking the details.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Norgy

Am I suffering from old age when I seem to remember that there was a "Anyone but Carter" campaign in the 1976 campaign among the Democrats? They wanted Jerry Brown, or, well, anyone but Carter.

Admiral Yi

I don't remember anything like that.  I remember Ted Kennedy sort of breaking a taboo by running against a sitting president.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2024, 11:23:05 AMAm I suffering from old age when I seem to remember that there was a "Anyone but Carter" campaign in the 1976 campaign among the Democrats? They wanted Jerry Brown, or, well, anyone but Carter.

Are you thinking of the 1980 election? There was a lot of concern about Carter because of his malaise speech, the Iran hostage crisis, and the lingering economic problems from the oil embargo among Democratic leadership but he was still (and still is) beloved by Democratic voters.