And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

QuoteTrump has told people he has no plans to concede
From CNN's Kaitlan Collins

In conversations with allies in recent days, President Trump has said he has no intention to concede the election to Joe Biden, even if his path to a second term in office is effectively blocked by losses in places like Georgia and Pennsylvania.

Aides, including his chief of staff Mark Meadows, have not attempted to bring Trump to terms of what's happening and have instead fed his baseless claim that the election is being stolen from him.

Trump's allies have grown concerned that someone is going to have to reckon with the President that his time in office is potentially coming to an end, though they have not decided who should be the one to do it. There has been talk of potentially Jared Kushner or Ivanka Trump doing so, sources said.

Hopefully someone gets that on tape.  Fueherbunker tantrum, the sequel. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Habbaku on November 06, 2020, 09:00:01 AM
He looked and sounded thoroughly spent and exhausted at his press conference last night. I think he went right to bed shortly after. He'll be up mashing buttons soon.
It is reaching the point that someone in the Trump team needs to have a chat with him, a bottle of scotch and a concession letter.
Let's bomb Russia!

daveracher

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2020, 09:06:14 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on November 06, 2020, 09:04:25 AM
Apparently, Pennsylvania being called is imminent.
Hope they wait until all the votes are counted. Should blunt the inevitable "YOU KEEP GOING UNTIL BIDEN WINS" complaints.

I dont know, what if Fox News are the ones to do the calling? Wouldn't that blunt the blunting?
Birdman of Burlington

Maladict

Quote from: daveracher on November 06, 2020, 09:09:49 AM

I dont know, what if Fox News are the ones to do the calling? Wouldn't that blunt the blunting?

Et tu, Vulpe?

Maladict

Decision Desk has called the election for Biden.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maladict on November 06, 2020, 09:12:11 AM
Quote from: daveracher on November 06, 2020, 09:09:49 AM

Et tu, Vulpe?
The two truths that it's always worth remembering about Rupert Murdoch. He doesn't like being associated with losers and, somewhere in his Monty Burns-ish heart, he still on occasion has the sould of an old newsman who knows a story when he see one and just runs with it, wherever the chips land.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 09:09:11 AM
He looked and sounded thoroughly spent and exhausted at his press conference last night. I think he went right to bed shortly after. He'll be up mashing buttons soon.
It is reaching the point that someone in the Trump team needs to have a chat with him, a bottle of scotch and a concession letter.

Will not ever happen unfortunately. This is only the beginning of his shenanigans.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on November 06, 2020, 09:20:38 AM
Will not ever happen unfortunately. This is only the beginning of his shenanigans.
I hope you're not right, but it's hard to say because Trump, due to his very obvious mental illness, is very difficult to predict.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Oexmelin

This. Relief at Biden's probable election should not dull vigilance.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Josquius

Hopefully 300+ electoral votes should make it so even if one state is stolen it doesn't really matter.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2020, 09:24:59 AM

Hopefully 300+ electoral votes should make it so even if one state is stolen it doesn't really matter.

The narrative is the whole election was stolen.  Trumpism is alive and well and you will hear this refrain until a Trumpist regains power.

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2020, 09:25:48 AM

The narrative is the whole election was stolen.  Trumpism is alive and well and you will hear this refrain until a Trumpist regains power.
And it has been stolen in such a complex fashion that certain states need to stop or cancel votes, while other states need to count more votes.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2020, 09:24:59 AM

Thus we must begin stockpiling delicious memes to dismiss their idiocy with the flick of a wrist.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 06, 2020, 09:24:34 AM

This. Relief at Biden's probable election should not dull vigilance.

Agreed with both of you.

And I'll add, doesn't matter how this drama is portrayed in the mainstream media, how is it playing on social media, will his 'troops' rally to the MAGA flag, will they start small insurrections even without his prompting?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 09:27:08 AM

And it has been stolen in such a complex fashion that certain states need to stop or cancel votes, while other states need to count more votes.

That just shows how clever those (((DemonRats))) are!!1
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien