Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Threviel on November 05, 2020, 03:11:23 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2020, 03:08:12 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 05, 2020, 02:37:25 AM
Why would you take out 15% of the country out of your calculations?  :wacko:

For dishonest reasons.

Are you talking about me and California? I phrased myself badly, as usual. I was sitting around and thinking that the entire popular vote difference can be explained by California. Horribly enough it actually seems quite even in the rest of the US.

Surely you could also just grab a whole collection of different states to say something similar right for your 2nd sentence? I'm also not sure your third sentence seems accurate.

Here's a list in descending order of Biden states and the gap. I've listed just those with 10% or higher gap (as shown in bold font).

Vermont 66-31 +35
California 65-32 +33
Massachusetts 66-33 +33
Hawaii 64-34 +30
Maryland 63-36 +27
Washington 60-38 +22
Rhode Island 59-39 +20
Delaware 59-40 +19
Oregon 58-40 +18
Conneticut 57-41 +16
NY 55-43 +12
Colorado 55-42 +13
Illinois 55-43 +12
New Mexico 54-43 +11

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Josquius

Looks like arizona may not flip afterall?
Though encouraging signs from PA.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Apparently Trump is starting to see it slip away from him and "feeling down" - although apparently he is starting to talk with friends and contacts on a 2024 run :lol: :ph34r: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 05, 2020, 04:43:54 AM
Apparently Trump is starting to see it slip away from him and "feeling down" - although apparently he is starting to talk with friends and contacts on a 2024 run :lol: :ph34r: :bleeding:

Oh yes please.

Syt

Is it too much to hope that when the final results are certified that he'll have a Valentinian I moment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentinian_I#Death
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Tamas

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Is he going to be alive and non-demented in 2024?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on November 05, 2020, 04:57:06 AM

Is he going to be alive and non-demented in 2024?

It won't matter either to him or his fans.

Solmyr

Josquius

I'm predicting/hoping for some bodies under the white house lawn being discovered by the Biden administration that make trump a less then viable 2024 candidate (who runs anyway and loses)
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I really wonder if evertything holds up - I don't know how he'll deal with loss.

And I don't think he's an idiot (unlike his kids) - so he knows he's bullshitting when he says this election is stolen, just like he knew he was bullshitting about the inauguration crowd size and the 3.5 million illegal Hilary voters that gave her the popular vote. He'll bluster and bullshit - but he'll know he lost and he's been rejected and the entire world is watching it happen over days and weeks. I really don't know how he'll respond to that.

Also this is the perfect result for McConnell and the establishment GOP: Trump lost, they kept the Senate and they've got 6-3 on the Supreme Court. It was all worth it.
Let's bomb Russia!