Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2020, 06:33:20 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 06:30:39 PM
The thing I don't get is why this matters. They are going to count the votes in Arizona. If Fox was right, Trump will lose. If Fox is wrong, he will win. If there is some point that requires litigation, whether Fox "called" the state is irrelevant.
I actually think it does matter, because if the networks call things a certain way and therefore there builds a certain momentum of understanding as to who won (even if it's not true), it potentially colors any decisions that the courts make, if it comes to that.

There's a theory that this happened in 2000 with Bush vs. Gore because most of the initial calls were that Bush won Florida, so immediately Gore was perceived to be 'trying to steal' the election when he challenged it.

Actually, Gore drew first blood, getting calls before they'd even closed the polls in the panhandle. Then they retracted and Bush ended up ahead once the initial count was done.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Someone must have already mentioned it, but it all comes to Nevada it looks like.  And Trump needs a clean sweep of NV, GA, NC, and PA.

woops, and AK.

FunkMonk

Nevada slow with their count. They should be good with numbers. Tsk tsk.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 06:30:39 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 04, 2020, 06:26:37 PM
From Vanity Fair:

QuoteAccording to a source, Trump phoned Rupert Murdoch to scream about Fox calling Arizona for Joe Biden and demanded a retraction. Murdoch refused, and the call stood

"According to a source"...

The thing I don't get is why this matters.
Trump.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 04, 2020, 07:20:37 PM
Nevada slow with their count. They should be good with numbers. Tsk tsk.

Only when they're being tipped.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2020, 07:13:31 PM
Someone must have already mentioned it, but it all comes to Nevada it looks like.  And Trump needs a clean sweep of NV, GA, NC, and PA.

woops, and AK.

He doesn't necessarily.

Assuming he gets NC and AK, he needs PA plus two of three: NV, GA, Arizona.

At this point he is close to drawing dead. Based on vote shift, I think he is a huge underdog in PA, which kills everything. He might get GA, probably won't get AZ or NV.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Predictit odds right now:

AK: Trump 98%
NC: Trump 90%

GA: Biden 64%
AZ: Biden 82%
NV: Biden 89%

PA: Biden 80%
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 07:34:40 PM
He doesn't necessarily.

At this point he is close to drawing dead. Based on vote shift, I think he is a huge underdog in PA, which kills everything. He might get GA, probably won't get AZ or NV.

OK, I'm looking at a map (Google's) that has Arizona called.

Valmy

Georgia is getting super close.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Something is wrong with the way the polls are done.  This is the second time in a row that Trump has performed substantially better than expectations.  There is a bug in the models. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2020, 07:39:34 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 07:34:40 PM
He doesn't necessarily.

OK, I'm looking at a map (Google's) that has Arizona called.

AP & Fox have called Arizona for Biden. Everyone else is being a contrarian. Especially AR.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 07:40:08 PM
Georgia is getting super close.

Is it?  It still looks like 1% behind with 95% of the vote counted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 07:38:11 PM
Predictit odds right now:

AK: Trump 98%
NC: Trump 90%

GA: Biden 64%
AZ: Biden 82%
NV: Biden 89%

PA: Biden 80%

I like those odds
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

What is the likely hood of Biden winning PA and GA?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017