And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 04, 2020, 12:42:31 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2020, 12:26:47 PM
The way Arizona is going, it definitely shouldn't have been called.  I sure as hell hope it's going to go Biden eventually, but if the state you called trades at 79 cents, you probably fucked up big time.

It looks pretty good - most of the the counties where Trump is leading are 90-98% in except for Cochise and Greenlee which are teensy tiny - Trump could win every vote out there and still not make a dent.

The biggest block of votes left to be counted are 260K early votes in Maricopa, probably not going to give Trump a ton of help.  That is more than half of the total 450K outstanding state wide.

Unless I'm missing something I'd buy at 79
That's what I saw a well on NYT pages, and likewise I thought that Trump votes aren't there, unless for some unusual reason it's the red votes that would be counted last.  However, if the rumors of a Maricopa recount really are true, and that Sharpie thing was indeed material, then it may not be the uncounted votes that are the issue, but actually the counted votes.  It also bothers me that no one seems to report percentage of spoiled ballots, since it could be a rather critical number.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Also the USPS case seems more striking/serious than sharpiegate.
Let's bomb Russia!

Solmyr

Biden just passed 70 million in popular vote, which is apparently biggest ever? Trump must be fuming at this. :D

Liep

Quote from: Solmyr on November 04, 2020, 12:53:49 PM
Biden just passed 70 million in popular vote, which is apparently biggest ever? Trump must be fuming at this. :D

Trump's count is 2nd biggest ever and wasn't achieved by illegals voting. Easy. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2020, 12:42:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2020, 12:25:54 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2020, 11:39:15 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2020, 11:35:17 AM
Man, I don't have it together at the best of times.  This is more than I can stand.  I'm going to eat cheap Chinese food.
Panda Express?  :w00t:

Nah, local joint.  They have a buffet and I just fill up a box and pay by the pound.

How does that work in the age of corona?

I go right after it opens, at 10:30 in the morning.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

FAKE NEWS.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2020, 11:52:06 AM
@BB & all

That's what CC is saying.

Yeah, but BB is never really going to understand, he views the world through Alberta Conservative glasses.

@ FunkMunk, I think Sheilbh makes a good point, but doesn't really address my point.

Liberal Democracy is at risk everywhere, just more so in the US, and that is now going to spread faster to the rest of us now.  And I don't see that changing largely because of the way election spending rules work in the US.  It is almost impossible for a strong liberal democracy to flourish under those conditions.

tldr - Liberal Democracy is fucked.  Now  what?

I was despondent about the future of Liberal Democracy before but now I think historians may well mark this election as the clear mark of its downward slide.

DGuller

And AZ is down to 68 cents.  Ugh.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 12:03:38 PM
Since everybody was predicting this for months, a close election with long legal challenges, is it too much to hope that Joe Biden and company are prepared for it?  :lol:

Lots of lawyers are going to be making big billable hours off this thing.

Most of the time when you see a lawyer on a high profile case without an underlying commercial dispute - it is pro bono work.

It is what a lot of us do - JR included.  :)

Sheilbh

To be honest I hadn't really followed your conversation so hadn't properly read your point - I just, as I often do, just went in with a two footed challenge and hoped for the best :blush: :(

I will think about your point - I'm not sure I agree.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 04, 2020, 01:10:06 PM
To be honest I hadn't really followed your conversation so hadn't properly read your point - I just, as I often do, just went in with a two footed challenge and hoped for the best :blush: :(

I will think about your point - I'm not sure I agree.

Happy to hear your view  :)

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 01:09:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 12:03:38 PM
Since everybody was predicting this for months, a close election with long legal challenges, is it too much to hope that Joe Biden and company are prepared for it?  :lol:

Lots of lawyers are going to be making big billable hours off this thing.

Most of the time when you see a lawyer on a high profile case without an underlying commercial dispute - it is pro bono work.

It is what a lot of us do - JR included.  :)

Well damn. Not even the lawyers are winning.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Trump's latest tweet:

They are finding Biden votes all over the place — in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. So bad for our Country!
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?