News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Regardless of how this ends, it's still tragic that it's even remotely this close.  It's still clearly dark times for democracy.

jimmy olsen

49% in Ohio, Biden up by 400k
41% in Texas, Biden up by 200k
Third of Kansas in, Biden up 10%
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2020, 08:27:44 PM
49% in Ohio, Biden up by 400k
41% in Texas, Biden up by 200k
Third of Kansas in, Biden up 10%
Doesn't tell us much unless we compare it with what's expected.

The Larch

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on November 03, 2020, 08:26:35 PM
Christ, NYT also tilting Trump in NC

Weird I was just sort of amazed how fast the vote shifted our way there. But maybe it did not shift our way enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2020, 08:33:45 PM

Weird I was just sort of amazed how fast the vote shifted our way there. But maybe it did not shift our way enough.
Now more than any other time, what matters is whether you're +/- on expected.  We know Biden would be starting ahead pretty much everywhere, what matters is if he's ahead enough.

DGuller

I guess Senate is definitely out now, so it's already a defeat.  I guess we're now hoping for just a defeat and not a crushing defeat.

jimmy olsen

NC 65% of the vote in, Biden up 294k

1 Karma Chameleon point

fromtia

Quote from: DGuller on November 03, 2020, 08:26:45 PM
Regardless of how this ends, it's still tragic that it's even remotely this close.  It's still clearly dark times for democracy.

Its pretty grim so far, much worse than anticipated. People like us who read and things like that might have to admit that we have this all wrong. I predicted agonizingly close Biden win, looks like its more likely to be razor thin Trump win. Hopefully we still get a Biden win, but we aren't getting the Biden triumph, and that's what I think we needed to arrest the present madness and hopefully push the Republican party back a bit at least to the center. That is looking very very unlikely now.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

fromtia

Sorry everyone. Especially AR who might lose a bunch of money.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on November 03, 2020, 08:35:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2020, 08:33:45 PM

Now more than any other time, what matters is whether you're +/- on expected.  We know Biden would be starting ahead pretty much everywhere, what matters is if he's ahead enough.

He certainly did not start ahead in North Carolina :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Jesus you guys are doom and gloom. I think Biden still wins.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on November 03, 2020, 08:37:22 PM
I guess Senate is definitely out now, so it's already a defeat.  I guess we're now hoping for just a defeat and not a crushing defeat.

What key Senate races have been called?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on November 03, 2020, 08:46:45 PM
Jesus you guys are doom and gloom. I think Biden still wins.

Agree.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall