News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you wear a mask in public?

Started by merithyn, July 08, 2020, 08:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you wear a mask when you leave your house?

US - No, what's the point?
US - Yes, but only inside places or when there are crowds
US - Yes, always
ROTW - No, what's the point?
ROTW - Yes, but only inside places or when there are crowds
ROTW - Yes, always
Jaron don't need no mask

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on July 10, 2020, 08:01:08 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 10, 2020, 07:34:53 PM
People that don't when required, should get a throat punch.
that's just as stupid as the other side.

No it's not.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

I like the "crotch punch 17 times" better - that allows the attending EMTs to put a mask on the person when being treated.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 10, 2020, 11:39:07 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 10, 2020, 08:01:08 PM
that's just as stupid as the other side.

No it's not.

These are extraordinary times.  11B4V gets to punch people in the throat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Yes, indoors and outdoors unless those areas are VERY isolated. For example, I can demask at my office because I'm effectively the only one (out of 350 people) there. Mask goes on if anybody has to come within the same 15 square feet within the next 2 hours.
Experience bij!

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Hamilcar

Masks are mandatory on Swiss public transport, so I wear one. No big deal.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Reason not to wear a mask:
Iron Man died event though he wore a mask.

It's inspired (and sometimes translated) from this site:https://youdontneedamask.com/

Even though I don't like the mask and even though I do not think it should be mandatory everywhere, I really like these sites :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

No one likes it. It's not mandatory everywhere.

Yet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on July 08, 2020, 01:54:05 PM
No, it's not required anywhere and the government has said it's not needed and that it probably won't help.

Yeah, people kind of stand out if they wear a mask in Denmark.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee