Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Possible.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2021, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 25, 2021, 01:30:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2021, 01:13:08 PM
My temp is over 37 and I have a cough. Oh but my temp has gone now that I've woken up. All good to travel.

You forgot the negative test and the pressure of a mandatory event where accidentally I also was meeting my new boss for the first time.

Also according to the NHS 37 is the average temperature, altough that does seem silly.

I am not proud of my decision to come, if I got the NHS note earlier I would have stayed put. But I have remained within the rules.

No one said you broke the rules. We can still judge you though.

So you can't actually talk to the NHS on the trace number but having their attempt to call confirmed it's not a scam, I registered like they asked in the email. After giving all my info they confirmed I don't need to self-isolate but they requested I get a PCR test, so I booked myself for one in the nearby walk-in centre for tomorrow.

Grey Fox

My children will get vaccinated next Friday in school. They are inappropriately excited.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 25, 2021, 04:58:49 PM
My children will get vaccinated next Friday in school. They are inappropriately excited.

:cheers:

We won't be able to book until next week, but hopefully my boy will get his shot soon thereafter.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

To continue my saga, I was called up by the tracing people this morning, they were happy my PCR test is already scheduled. I asked if this "you were in contact" message might have been triggered by me botching my Day 2 test (and thus it being registered as inconclusive). Guy said that's entirely possible as it's one of the triggers for them. So hopefully I did not infect my whole team. :P

Whatever I have, though, have definitely been made worse by spending an hour in a freezing bloody train station last evening.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 26, 2021, 04:13:12 AM
To continue my saga, I was called up by the tracing people this morning, they were happy my PCR test is already scheduled. I asked if this "you were in contact" message might have been triggered by me botching my Day 2 test (and thus it being registered as inconclusive). Guy said that's entirely possible as it's one of the triggers for them. So hopefully I did not infect my whole team. :P

Whatever I have, though, have definitely been made worse by spending an hour in a freezing bloody train station last evening.

I may have had something similar to you Tamas, which is why I haven't been spending 2 hours on a freezing bloody train station on my way down to Devon/Cornwall over the last couple of days.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on November 26, 2021, 07:07:02 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 26, 2021, 04:13:12 AM

I may have had something similar to you Tamas, which is why I haven't been spending 2 hours on a freezing bloody train station on my way down to Devon/Cornwall over the last couple of days.  :P

:lol: You are clearly wiser than me. I do feel stupid for buckling under company/peer pressure and going.

I feel less stupid though than the girl in front of me in the outside queue at the walk-in test station. My car claimed it was 9C outside but it felt closer to 5. This girl in her 20s was standing there in a jumper, barefoot in slippers, while having the ugliest cough I have heard in quite a while.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 26, 2021, 08:25:50 AM
You don't need a winter coat at 9C.

Barefoot in slippers might be pushing it, though.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 26, 2021, 08:06:16 AM

:lol: You are clearly wiser than me. I do feel stupid for buckling under company/peer pressure and going.

I feel less stupid though than the girl in front of me in the outside queue at the walk-in test station. My car claimed it was 9C outside but it felt closer to 5. This girl in her 20s was standing there in a jumper, barefoot in slippers, while having the ugliest cough I have heard in quite a while.

Good grief that's hard core, maybe she was Tyr's sister? :geordie:

Syt

The new variant has its letter: Omicron.

It's also 86% off at GOG at the moment: https://www.gog.com/game/omikron_the_nomad_soul
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2021, 02:56:23 PM
The new variant has its letter: Omicron.

It's also 86% off at GOG at the moment: https://www.gog.com/game/omikron_the_nomad_soul

Well we're more than halfway through the Greek alphabet with this, what happens went they name the 24th variant?

Were next after that? or are they holding back Omega for a special status?