Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

+637 dead, another 10-day low. Most encouraging are the numbers of ICU admissions, which have fallen to 2-digits.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on April 06, 2020, 04:43:59 AM
+637 dead, another 10-day low. Most encouraging are the numbers of ICU admissions, which have fallen to 2-digits.

Nice! It's good to have reasonable hope that Spain is moving past the worst phase.

Admiral Yi

How do bars and restaurants work with masks?

Sheilbh

It's interesting here, Labour are pushing for an "exit strategy" as are journalists. Which makes sense, but the head of NHS England was asked about this and basically said he didn't like talk of an "exit strategy". He said this disease is out in the world so it's less a case of how do we "exit" than how do we "manage" this in the future, and it's too soon to tell for us.

But I feel like that's accurate until there's a vaccine/solid treatments, that we'll just be "managing" this for a while.

Edit: And again this may just be because we notice them more, but I've seen two ambulances/patient transports on the quiet (dead-end) street I look out on this morning. It may be normal and I'd never notice them in normal times, but where we are you just almost assume the worst.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2020, 05:05:34 AM
Maybe the EU allows straws again.  ;)

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2020, 04:57:28 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 06, 2020, 04:43:59 AM

Nice! It's good to have reasonable hope that Spain is moving past the worst phase.

We'll see tomorrow, when figures fully catch up with the weekend. But yeah, we're past the peak. Now the question is how long the descent will be. Italy seemed to be stuck in a plateau for quite a while.

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on April 06, 2020, 05:09:00 AM
Maybe the EU allows straws again.  ;)

They still do, right? Just those non-plastic ones.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on April 06, 2020, 05:10:56 AM
We'll see tomorrow, when figures fully catch up with the weekend. But yeah, we're past the peak. Now the question is how long the descent will be. Italy seemed to be stuck in a plateau for quite a while.
Yeah that's the message here. Tomorrow will probably be bad because Tuesday's always are because of the weekend. But the talk is that we're expected to peak in the next 7-10 days, but no-one has any idea how long that peak lasts as it seems to be agonisingly lengthy in Italy :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Monoriu

Here, the rule is you must wear a mask if you enter a restaurant.  You may only take it off when eating or drinking. 

Josquius

Parents neighbour, a 70ish regular pub dweller who I have no doubt was amongst those who felt corona was a lot of nothing and kept living as normal in that last week, dead from corona. :mellow:

I didn't really know him so it's just as sad as any other unknown passing, but its worrying if its floating around so close to home. There are several people I do know who frequent the same pub.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Masks in supermarkets are mandatory from today. Last Friday the government said the supermarkets should distribute them to shoppers for free at the entrance.

The largest retailer REWE which owns multiple chains said today they'll charge EUR 1 per mask. People are not amused,

CHancellor clarified today that "scarves and similar" are also acceptable. I don't think I want to wear my winter scarf over my face in 20+ degree weather next week.  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

A few cases in my uncle's care home. He seems fine so far. Fortunately neither my dad nor his siblings have been there since the party started.

Maladict

Meanwhile in China, the situation is enitrely under control and people have learned their lesson.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2020, 06:54:43 AM
Wheres this?
That Confucius mountain?

Huangshan mountain park, last Saturday. They closed the park at 8 AM, after 20,000 people had entered already.