Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on April 02, 2020, 11:04:26 PM
it will be implemented by a Republican President.

That's a state function.  Governor's call. :nerd:

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2020, 11:23:28 PM
it will be implemented by a Republican President.

That's a state function.  Governor's call. :nerd:

Kool-Aid drinker.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on April 02, 2020, 11:24:11 PM
Kool-Aid drinker.

Wanna win back some of that money you lost to me, farm boy?

Admiral Yi

Here's the bet.

50 clams even.

At least one time Trump gives a nationwide "order," and at least one governor does not comply.  If Trump never gives an order, no bet.  Deadline is first date CDC announces 0 covid 19 deaths for one day.

I've got one or more governors does not comply, you've got everyone complies.

Judgement call on "order" to be arbitrated by Beeb, or your alternate, subject to my approval.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 02, 2020, 10:59:25 PM
Fuck that. Communists.

:lol: only a matter of time and it will be implemented by a Republican President. So suck it.

Fine. Nazis then.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on April 02, 2020, 09:42:52 PM
I also listened to someone I love dearly tell me today about how he had to help convert his hospital's regular beds into ICU beds to help save people. While he did that, he walked through the ICU and he saw what this disease does to people. He said, "No one should die like that. It's the absolute worst way to die." If you've ever seen someone die of COPD, you know what he's talking about. There really is nothing worse than watching someone drown from their own mucus. It's heartbreaking. And they're dying alone because they're contagious. I want to hold my friend in my arms and let him cry, but I can't because it's not safe.
Here's some images describing how it affects your lungs:
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/what-happens-to-your-lungs-on-coronavirus/ss-BB126jKm?li=AAggV0S
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
17h
Massive amounts of medical supplies, even hospitals and medical centers, are being delivered directly to states and hospitals by the Federal Government. Some have insatiable appetites & are never satisfied (politics?). Remember, we are a backup for them. The complainers should...

....have been stocked up and ready long before this crisis hit. Other states are thrilled with the job we have done. Sending many Ventilators today, with thousands being built. 51 large cargo planes coming in with medical supplies. Prefer sending directly to hospitals.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The man never takes responsibility for anything. What a great leader.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Apparently there was meant to be clapping for supermarket workers last night.
I didn't hear anything.
Massive contrast to the claps last week.
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

This clapping bullshit is really getting on my nerves. Nobody that's still going to work gives a shit.

It really feels like the "thoughts and prayers" twitter message, changing your profile pic with a random message/flag category. How can I remind everybody about me? How can I somehow make this pandemic about me? Me me me.

Shut the fuck up & stay home. This doesnt do anything but make the clappers feel good about themselves.

celedhring

It's a come together moment for people confined to their houses, it gives a sense of commmunity in these times. No need to get grumpy about it.

Zoupa

It's just incredibly transparent. And fake.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on April 03, 2020, 03:19:12 AM
It's just incredibly transparent. And fake.

I agree that it doesn't make sense as some sort of 'let's thank the workers' as I don't think most workers get that enthused by it (though certainly some do). I have come around to the notion, as cel highlighted, that it is good for the morale of all those in isolation. It gives them something to do and something to feel like they are apart of.

Seems to me then overall pretty harmless to slightly beneficial, just primarily not for the stated audience.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Yeah that's my view. It is nice to do something with other humans that you can see (not just over Skype) socially.
Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

And mine. I don't much like it but it's good to see that the neighbours are still alive.