News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I am terrified my mother will get it.  She's old and not in the best of health.  She also doesn't have insurance.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

DGuller

Quote from: Zoupa on March 20, 2020, 06:21:38 PM
Well, I have a cough and a fever. Fun.
:o Are you going to self-quarantine now?

mongers

Zoupa, do what's necessary to get off work and recover.

If it is corona you've probably a better bet than the majority of us old, infirm or unfit Languishites. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

Quote from: DGuller on March 20, 2020, 06:23:28 PM
:o Are you going to self-quarantine now?

Of course. Temp is 38.8, so not terrible I guess. I'm not working til monday but I won't be going in for 2 weeks I guess. I have to call the dedicated phone line to see if I qualify for testing.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Stay strong Zoups!  :hug:

49 new cases in Alberta, total of 195.  5 in ICU, 3 more than yesterday.

It's spiking. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

shit!  sorry to hear that :(   :cry:
I hope you can recover without sequels.  Take time to rest, give us news if you can.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

Of the nine New Jersey deaths, four came from one family: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/20/new-jersey-man-4th-family-member-die-coronavirus-20-isolated/2882689001/:blink:  I wonder if there is a genetic component to it.  Maybe people of certain ancestry are more predisposed to having complications.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 20, 2020, 07:25:41 PM
Of the nine New Jersey deaths, four came from one family: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/20/new-jersey-man-4th-family-member-die-coronavirus-20-isolated/2882689001/:blink:  I wonder if there is a genetic component to it.  Maybe people of certain ancestry are more predisposed to having complications.

So you're thinking it's an Italian thing.

Fate

It's not just an Italian thing. Spain is looking just as bad.

Most of that family looks obese and likely has conditions like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and probably a few smokers/COPDers. And honestly that situation describes a lot of Americans. I don't think our average lower age than Italy is going to yield a less deadly outbreak because our population overall has a significant amount of comorbidities.