Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

I have a runny nose and a sore throat...  :ph34r:

I travelled internationally yesterday and went to work today...  :hmm:

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on March 11, 2020, 03:08:43 PM

If I interpret CC correctly, you're going to die soon.  I hope he's wrong.

Syt

We got a new policy today. If you show symptoms you have to work from home until symptoms clear up, even if it's not Covid-19. And if you have the virus you're not permitted back until a doctor has fully cleared you.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2020, 03:13:35 PM

If I interpret Valmy correctly, you're going to die soon.  I hope he's wrong.

fyp

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 11, 2020, 02:49:07 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2020, 02:36:45 PM
  Btw, no deaths in NY.   Lots of people with mild symptoms.  Few confirmed cases hospitalized.

Spot the trend.

Yeah, the state has started testing a little bit  :P

Barrister

My understanding is a runny nose is inconsistent with Covid-19.

Symptoms are cough, fever, tiredness/lethargy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2020, 08:29:43 AM
I have no disagreement with that.  But the under reporting is due to the fact that 80% of those infected  have mild symptoms.  Languish needs to dial back the panic.
mild symptoms = severe flu.  Strong fever, cough, etc.Not "I have a runny nose and go to work anyway".
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2020, 03:24:59 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2020, 03:13:35 PM

If I interpret Valmy correctly, you're going to die soon.  I hope he's wrong.

fyp

I am only curious as whether or not he has a 1% or 3% chance of dying that's all. Let me know if you feel 99% or 97% sure of pulling through Zanza.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: viper37 on March 11, 2020, 03:26:39 PM
I have no disagreement with that.  But the under reporting is due to the fact that 80% of those infected  have mild symptoms.  Languish needs to dial back the panic.
mild symptoms = severe flu.  Strong fever, cough, etc.Not "I have a runny nose and go to work anyway".

It seems about half of younger people that are infected have no symptoms at all.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

On the bright side, nobody is getting the squirts.  :)

Sheilbh

Flu minus the head aches and general aches and pains. Those are apparently quite rare in coronavirus, but very common with flu.

Unrelated and obviously there are many reasons to be cynical, but I think this video from the PM's account is actually very good:
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1237760976482598913?s=20
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Home with the flu, looks like the regular one. Looking into wedding insurance, unsurprisingly all insurance companies have quickly changed their terms to exclude Covid. I'm fucked.

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on March 11, 2020, 03:34:11 PM
Looking into wedding insurance, unsurprisingly all insurance companies have quickly changed their terms to exclude Covid. I'm fucked.

I hate how insurance companies can make your product worse on you. Unless you are carefully reading everything constantly you only find out the thing they covered you for last year is not longer covered this year when you seek a claim...and yet your premium didn't go down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on March 11, 2020, 03:22:36 PM

We got a new policy today. If you show symptoms you have to work from home until symptoms clear up, even if it's not Covid-19. And if you have the virus you're not permitted back until a doctor has fully cleared you.
There are already several active cases in my company in Germany. The global security organisation and the medical service of the company give daily updates on policy and processes. So far, there is no hard official policy that white collar workers should work from home, only a suggestion. Probably because most of our work force is blue collar workers in factories and they don't want to make it a question of class. I guess once the supply chains in Europe break down in the next days, they will have to shut down production anyway, which at least solves that issue...

crazy canuck

:huh:

mild symptoms = not really noticing at all