News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

What travel restrictions in and out of the hot zone are in place right now Pedrito?

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on March 07, 2020, 04:33:49 PM
Just to be clear, shutting down Lombardy, part of Veneto and of Emilia-Romagna means shutting down about 30% of the GDP of Italy.

We're officially fucked.

L.

:(

I can understand the panic, it seems everybody who went skiing in Italy got infected.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2020, 04:41:12 PM
What travel restrictions in and out of the hot zone are in place right now Pedrito?

A draft of the government document is circulating, but for the real restrictions I'll wait for the definitive version that will come out tomorrow.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Legbiter

Are you set up good Pedrito? You have supplies to hunker down for a bit?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Pedrito on March 07, 2020, 05:04:47 PM
A draft of the government document is circulating, but for the real restrictions I'll wait for the definitive version that will come out tomorrow.

L.

What are you facing right now?  I've read about La Scala closing and fodbol matches being canceled, and one town near Milan being cordoned by police.  Are there any restrictions in place where you live and work?  Any roadblocks blocking cars, etc?

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on March 07, 2020, 04:45:52 PM
Just to be clear, shutting down Lombardy, part of Veneto and of Emilia-Romagna means shutting down about 30% of the GDP of Italy.

We're officially fucked.

L.

:(

I can understand the panic, it seems everybody who went skiing in Italy got infected.

Considering that I was skiing in the Dolomites no more than two weeks ago, the anxiety level is rising a bit  :ph34r:

@legbiter: Supermarkets are open and well-stocked, between tomorrow and monday my wife will go get some supplies, but we're not yet stockpiling food and water. Or maybe we should  :hmm:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Iormlund

We're officially fucked.

At least you won't be alone. We're maybe ten days behind you guys. Most of Western Europe is a couple weeks behind Italy at best.

Pedrito

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2020, 05:09:42 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on March 07, 2020, 05:04:47 PM

L.

What are you facing right now?  I've read about La Scala closing and fodbol matches being canceled, and one town near Milan being cordoned by police.  Are there any restrictions in place where you live and work?  Any roadblocks blocking cars, etc?
No social gathering permitted (concerts, ceremonies, parties); sporting events only behind closed doors (no live public); some small towns, the first where cases were isolated two weeks ago, have been cordoned with army roadblocks - one of them about 30 kms from home, but they are testing all the population and they're all clear, so tomorrow the block should be lifted; supermarkets are well stocked, but we'll see in the next few days; there's few traffic on the roads, many people are staying at home, or working from home; Padua is a "university town", it's a city with 200K dwellers and 60k students, many of them coming from other regions and from abroad: with the uni closed, 25% of the population is either back to their hometowns or in their rooms - the city's empty like it is in the summer months.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Pedrito

Secretary of the Democratic Party, Luca Zingaretti, is virus-positive.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Legbiter

Quote from: Pedrito on March 07, 2020, 05:12:19 PM@legbiter: Supermarkets are open and well-stocked, between tomorrow and monday my wife will go get some supplies, but we're not yet stockpiling food and water. Or maybe we should  :hmm:

L.

Yes nothing crazy, just an extra 2 week civilized & tasteful stash of wine, cheese and ham.  ;) If the utilities go, you'll have to revert to the old Lombard ways and go pillage Rome I guess.

Pedrito

Quote from: Legbiter on March 07, 2020, 06:19:34 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on March 07, 2020, 05:12:19 PM@legbiter: Supermarkets are open and well-stocked, between tomorrow and monday my wife will go get some supplies, but we're not yet stockpiling food and water. Or maybe we should  :hmm:

L.

Yes nothing crazy, just an extra 2 week civilized & tasteful stash of wine, cheese and ham.  ;) If the utilities go, you'll have to revert to the old Lombard ways and go pillage Rome I guess.
Or I'll simply retire to the country house, Decameron-style, and let the masses fight for the bread.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Eddie Teach

Will you entertain yourself with bawdy tales?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Quote from: Pedrito on March 07, 2020, 06:30:03 PMOr I'll simply retire to the country house, Decameron-style, and let the masses fight for the bread.

L.
Grandfather Pedrito how did you survive the Great Plague of 2020?

Well...

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h