Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on March 02, 2020, 02:29:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2020, 01:25:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 02, 2020, 01:24:25 PM
Regardless of my position, having to lock myself up for 3 weeks after a holiday trip would make me cancel it right away.  :hmm:

I dunno - the idea of going on vacation, then relaxing at home for 3 weeks sounds appealing...

I'd love to relax for a few weeks. I also like getting paid, though.

:yes:

Though I could do my job if I stayed at home 3 weeks. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

I actually asked my boss about working from home or during off hours today when the virus hits. He seemed ... surprised. It definitely hasn't sunk in yet.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2020, 02:37:10 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 02, 2020, 02:29:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2020, 01:25:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 02, 2020, 01:24:25 PM
Regardless of my position, having to lock myself up for 3 weeks after a holiday trip would make me cancel it right away.  :hmm:

I dunno - the idea of going on vacation, then relaxing at home for 3 weeks sounds appealing...

I'd love to relax for a few weeks. I also like getting paid, though.

:yes:

Though I could do my job if I stayed at home 3 weeks. -_-

Yeah me too.

Which is very lucky because statutory sick pay in the  UK is 94 pounds per week. Without reserves that wouldn't even cover the rent of a room.

PDH

When UCSC gets a few cases there will be a panic shutdown.  I run the movers and mail services here, so they will likely find a way to keep us coming in so we can help keep the disease spreading even during a mostly shutdown time.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

South Korea reports triple the number of new case that all of China has:

South Korea reported 600 new coronavirus cases and three more deaths from the virus, taking total infections to 4,812, the Korea Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention said on Tuesday.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

I played some Plague, Inc. today for the first time.  Making humanity go extinct is pretty engaging, all things considered.

merithyn

One of the people who died in Seattle was the mother-in-law of a woman I know. :mellow:

It's hitting very close to home now.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on March 02, 2020, 11:05:31 PM
I played some Plague, Inc. today for the first time.  Making humanity go extinct is pretty engaging, all things considered.
I noticed on its steam welcome window that it seems to have been banned in China.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

We played Pandemic over the weekend  :blush:

Funnily enough we had an outbreak in Milan.

Tamas

Colleague sitting next to me was complaining of severe headache yesterday and was sneezing and had a runny nose.

Today she stayed home due to her and her husband having "the flu".  :ph34r:

Syt

I think runny nose is specifically NOT a symptom of Covid-19.

Dry cough, though, is.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

garbon

I believe runny noise and/or sore throat were mentioned as symptoms that might occur in mild cases.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon