Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

I don't suppose a brothel would be that safe either.

Zanza

Brothels in Germany reopened, but you have to wear a mask.

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on October 16, 2020, 09:13:42 AM

I'm expecting a flourishment of Eyes Wide Shut-type sex parties now.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on October 16, 2020, 09:14:48 AM

I'm expecting a flourishment of Eyes Wide Shut-type sex parties now.
Insanely boring?
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Also on vaccines and just like normal the European Medical Agencies has started using the rolling review which is a specific procedure for public health emergencies - not sure if the FDA has an equivalent procedure but I'd assume so:

Two vaccines are now at this stage - the Oxford/AstraZeneca one entered it on 1 October and the BioNTech/Pfizer one on 6 October - this sounds promising :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 16, 2020, 06:54:22 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 16, 2020, 06:30:07 AM
I would struggle to think of a more risky place than a gym.
Yeah - I feel like an enclosed area with people heavily breathing and not always the best ventilation strikes me as fairly risky.

Absolutely, I'm a little uneasy about going there. But I'm also really glad I still can. :blush:

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 16, 2020, 09:48:52 AM
Also on vaccines and just like normal the European Medical Agencies has started using the rolling review which is a specific procedure for public health emergencies - not sure if the FDA has an equivalent procedure but I'd assume so:

Two vaccines are now at this stage - the Oxford/AstraZeneca one entered it on 1 October and the BioNTech/Pfizer one on 6 October - this sounds promising :mellow:

Yes, I believe I read to FDA has been looking at data in real-time rather than typical process of after the fact.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

One of DGuller or Dorsey (I keep mixing you both, sorry guys) was asking about liablity shields for the prototype vaccines. Looks like there's plans to that effect.

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2020/09/22/583555.htm

Vaccine makers will be indemnified in Europe if their COVID-19 shots cause unexpected side-effects, an industry official said on Tuesday, as nearly 40 firms pursue talks on possible authorisation for shots in development.

The European Commission has confidential liability clauses in contracts signed with AstraZeneca and Sanofi and is negotiating similar conditions with other firms for the advance purchase of their potential vaccines.

Sue Middleton, President of the Executive Board of Vaccines Europe which represents top vaccine makers, told a European Parliament hearing that in case of unexpected adverse events, which could include unpredicted side-effects, she understood that there was indemnification.

"The Commission or the member states would essentially indemnify the companies against the cost of legal action that followed those claims," she said, adding that these events were rare and that she had not seen all contracts signed so far.

A spokesman for the European Commission said advance purchase deals "provide for Member States to indemnify the manufacturer for certain liabilities incurred under specific and strict conditions," but "liability still remains with the companies."

Officials have said partial legal protection offered by the EU hampered advance purchase deals in past months and prompted vaccine makers to ask for more.

Middleton called for no-fault compensation in all 27 EU states for COVID-19 vaccines which would speed up resolution of legal disputes. Such a system is in place in 11 countries, but its application to COVID-19 vaccine cases is not always clear, she said.

Consumer organizations and lawmakers insist that companies should be liable for all potential side-effects.

ROLLING REVIEW

No COVID-19 vaccine has yet been authorized in Europe, with clinical trials underway. But contacts between vaccine makers and regulators are ongoing to speed up possible authorisations.

The World Health Organisation lists 38 candidate vaccines in late-stage trials, including from China and Russia. Another 149 are in pre-clinical evaluation.

"As of early September the EMA has been in contact with developers of 38 potential COVID-19 vaccines," Fergus Sweeney, head of clinical studies and manufacturing task force at the European Medicines Agency, told EU lawmakers.

Under a faster "rolling review," vaccine makers can share data with EMA on their trials as they happen, so that shots could be authorized more quickly when all data is available.

No rolling review has yet began on vaccines, Sweeney said, adding the agency was expecting that to begin in the coming weeks. EMA must authorize vaccines before they can be used in the EU.

(Reporting by Francesco Guarascio; Editing by Gareth Jones, Jason Neely and Alexander Smith)

Sheilbh

Inddor sex by people who are not in the same household is banned in Tier 2 and Tier 3.

I have to admit of all the measures we take against covid-19, I never would have predicted mandatory dogging and cottaging. But here we are :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on October 11, 2020, 07:49:28 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 11, 2020, 10:32:02 AM
Record of new cases beaten again in France: 26,896 yesterday.
France is among the worst of Europe.
Quebec is the worst of Canada.

Do we have some kind of inherited deficient genes or what?? 

FFS, that thing is spreading like wildfire here and people still can't seem to understand the situation.

Given how severe the situation in Île-de-France is, with its sizable non-French population, I don't think so.
Guess what, record beaten again: 30,621 new cases yesterday.

In Portugal, not as bad but not great either, except maybe Alentejo.
Virus entered an elderly care home in the Bragança area and 10 people died. Not metropolis-like wildfire spreading, but quite a shock for the folks there.

https://www.mdb.pt/index.php/noticia/ha-oito-casos-novos-de-covid-19-na-santa-casa-da-misericordia

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on October 16, 2020, 10:19:29 AM
One of DGuller or Dorsey (I keep mixing you both, sorry guys) was asking about liablity shields for the prototype vaccines. Looks like there's plans to that effect.

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2020/09/22/583555.htm

Vaccine makers will be indemnified in Europe if their COVID-19 shots cause unexpected side-effects, an industry official said on Tuesday, as nearly 40 firms pursue talks on possible authorisation for shots in development.

The European Commission has confidential liability clauses in contracts signed with AstraZeneca and Sanofi and is negotiating similar conditions with other firms for the advance purchase of their potential vaccines.

Sue Middleton, President of the Executive Board of Vaccines Europe which represents top vaccine makers, told a European Parliament hearing that in case of unexpected adverse events, which could include unpredicted side-effects, she understood that there was indemnification.

"The Commission or the member states would essentially indemnify the companies against the cost of legal action that followed those claims," she said, adding that these events were rare and that she had not seen all contracts signed so far.

A spokesman for the European Commission said advance purchase deals "provide for Member States to indemnify the manufacturer for certain liabilities incurred under specific and strict conditions," but "liability still remains with the companies."

Officials have said partial legal protection offered by the EU hampered advance purchase deals in past months and prompted vaccine makers to ask for more.

Middleton called for no-fault compensation in all 27 EU states for COVID-19 vaccines which would speed up resolution of legal disputes. Such a system is in place in 11 countries, but its application to COVID-19 vaccine cases is not always clear, she said.

Consumer organizations and lawmakers insist that companies should be liable for all potential side-effects.

ROLLING REVIEW

No COVID-19 vaccine has yet been authorized in Europe, with clinical trials underway. But contacts between vaccine makers and regulators are ongoing to speed up possible authorisations.

The World Health Organisation lists 38 candidate vaccines in late-stage trials, including from China and Russia. Another 149 are in pre-clinical evaluation.

"As of early September the EMA has been in contact with developers of 38 potential COVID-19 vaccines," Fergus Sweeney, head of clinical studies and manufacturing task force at the European Medicines Agency, told EU lawmakers.

Under a faster "rolling review," vaccine makers can share data with EMA on their trials as they happen, so that shots could be authorized more quickly when all data is available.

No rolling review has yet began on vaccines, Sweeney said, adding the agency was expecting that to begin in the coming weeks. EMA must authorize vaccines before they can be used in the EU.

(Reporting by Francesco Guarascio; Editing by Gareth Jones, Jason Neely and Alexander Smith)

I should have changed account before posting. :Embarrass:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Ah, it was you while talking to DGuller. Close enough.  :P

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Crazy_Ivan80

safe sex got a new meaning

Valmy

I would think shagging your dogs would be something you could do in lockdown anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."